Normal?

bflorio86

:
Mazda CX-5 Touring
Is this normal to see? After sitting in my drivers seat for any period of time on my 18 Touring with 1000 miles, this happens. The fabric seems to stretch and bubble up.

Attachments

• IMG_0926.jpeg
    IMG_0926.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 311
Yep. Welcome to the bubble club! I have a 2017 GT that does the same thing. I believe there was a global TSB on the matter too.

Personally it doesn't bother me, but if you want you can take it back to the dealer.

I thought that the TSB only addressed the seat bubble/creasing on the outside edge of the seat bolster. Could be wrong though.

Yeah I did notice the TSB but thought it only applied to the GT's with the leather, although obviously the suede on the Touring seems to have the same issue. I did mention it once briefly to the dealer awhile back but they didn't seem to think it was out of the ordinary. Doesn't bother me too much, as I've seen leather seats on new Audi's do the same thing, but thought i'd ask just incase others on here had successfully warrantied it.

Thanks

Yeah I did notice the TSB but thought it only applied to the GT's with the leather, although obviously the suede on the Touring seems to have the same issue. I did mention it once briefly to the dealer awhile back but they didn't seem to think it was out of the ordinary. Doesn't bother me too much, as I've seen leather seats on new Audi's do the same thing, but thought i'd ask just incase others on here had successfully warrantied it.

Thanks

When I inquired about the issue to my dealer, they were happy to replace it under warranty. I ended up not going through with it since from what I've seen it just comes back anyways.

That's what i'm thinking, if I were to press for replacement and be successful, since it seems to be a design attribute and not a flaw, that it would just happen again being it's the same seat.

That doesn't appear too bad, it wouldn't bother me at least. A friend of mine bought a new Lincoln MKZ several months back and the leather driver's seat is already creased to hell, it looks awful. THAT would bother me. He's not a big guy either, maybe 170 lbs and he's only put about 14k miles on the car.

I used to own a 16 3 hatch with cloth and I actually don't recall any "bubbling" on the the seats during ownership.

Latest posts

Back