Ngk iridium step colder plug

MS3 GT

:
ms3
recently just purchesed this from pg, i was wondering do i have to gap this plug? i read the comment on pg website some said just pop them in dont need to be gapped?

gap them at .030 and you'll be fine...do NOT just assume and put them in, you'll be asking for headaches if you do.

I'm running those plugs. From the box the gap is huge. They do need to be regapped. As stated above .030 is a good choice. If you're running a tune consider gapping them down to .028. Be very careful in regapping. The iridium center electrode is easily damaged. You do not want your gapping tool to scrape it. Just barely touch with the gauge. Use something like a soft wood block to tap the ground strap gently a little at a time to move the strap toward the tip and check regularly. If you overshoot and have to bend it back, bend the strap gently and stay away from contact with the tip.

^ You probably do not need colder plugs. But with a turbo back exhaust you should be seeing about 18 psi now under load, so you might benefit from them. I upgraded to the step colder NGK's when I went with the 3 inch catless dp/rp, not so much because I needed them at that point, but because they do provide a little protection against detonation, which would result in the engine pulling timing otherwise. At your level (and even at mine being fully catless and having the HT tune), the car will probably run well on the stock heat range.

But I did not foul plugs by going colder at your mod level, so maybe you will not. That is the issue if you do a lot of low speed stop and go driving. I drive the *&^% out of my car, so they stay clean.

Back