Next Project

I say go for the early model Miata. Or any miata with a 1.6 liter in it. Drop in a turbo and you have a low 13 second car easy. Mid to low 12's with a stronger clutch, better tires and built internals. Take a trip to Flyin Miata.com and take a look.

Polonia2 said:
I know its not on the subject, but just a suggestion... why dont you try '95 eclips GST, it has many body and suspension parts. Price is about $ 5000- $ 7000 depending on condition .Moreover, the 4G63 T engine is very reliable that can handle up to 360 + hp (according to japenese meg) without any internal modification.
good luck with your project.... ;)

Yeah those are nice too, but one big problem with the 95+ Eclipses.....CRANKWALK. If you're gonna go for a DSM I say shoot for a 94 or older. Just as many mods, and can go even faster due to it being lighter.

I still say get a Miata though......You'll have all the old foeggies on your jock since you're driving a roadster. And you'll hang with them in their Vettes once it's turbo'd:D

i dont know about you, but ill be going VW for my next project car. there is a '65 21 window for 1000 bucks in my area, i might have to check it out.

freekwonder said:
i dont know about you, but ill be going VW for my next project car. there is a '65 21 window for 1000 bucks in my area, i might have to check it out.

ONLY $1000....it that body is in good shape...that is a steal!

I have built two VW's as projects...one full custom...the other was a 65 bug "sleeper"....I built a killer drive train for it...the interior was all done with a sewfine interior....only thing on the outside that was done was empi five spokes.....that dude would scream...and would eat V-8's ALL day long....she was a blast.

Sir Nuke said:

ONLY $1000....it that body is in good shape...that is a steal!

I have built two VW's as projects...one full custom...the other was a 65 bug "sleeper"....I built a killer drive train for it...the interior was all done with a sewfine interior....only thing on the outside that was done was empi five spokes.....that dude would scream...and would eat V-8's ALL day long....she was a blast.

i might check it out. i might buy it and fix it up. then drive it to cali and sell it for more. Remember im in Missouri. older VWs are not that big of deal out here. or im just going to save all my money and start getting my cossie next year. hard choices VW 21 window now, my bike (cutom built) or my cossie.

Back