redline_r

:
2006 MS6 Sport
Hi guys, was thinking of picking up a MS6 this weekend and wanted some imput.
Anyways after doing some googling and research there has been a lot of negativity in regards to the MS6. Rear axle bolt shearing, loose bolts on exhaust and front drivetrain, etc.

i'd hate to pickup this ride and regret ever setting foot in it.

Thanks in advanced, all input is considered negative or positive. :)

MS6 i'm considering is at the below link.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...17000&cardist=227&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

Thanks for the reply, 8.5!

I emailed the dealer and asked if it has a clean title and he said it did. The thing of it is, is that i'll be driving approx 4.5 hrs to go see the car so i don't want to waste my time.

Most definitely if i do go and test drive i'll beat on it pretty good before buying.

Thanks again!

Sorry Atreyu3388, didn't get the message pop-up blocker was on.
Anyways i'm from WI heading down to the windy city to look at this MS6.

Thanks for the welcome!

PM me ASAP. My car is for sale in WI and available for immediate viewing. Flexible on price...

PM me ASAP. My car is for sale in WI and available for immediate viewing. Flexible on price...

I'm gonna vouch for Atreyu as being a good seller. He's been a pretty active member and has traded/bought/sold to a number of forum members without problems.

Granted, none of those were whole cars, but it's at least some background.

Welcome to the forums.

haha looks like redlines gettin a car quick. atreyu what do you have done to ur ms6?

Thank you very much Blender.

Nothing, bone stock. It did have an intake on it for about 2 weeks, but my work tanked and I sold the parts that I did have. The intake was the only part that made it onto the car. Actually my car does have the spin on oil filter conversion on it too.

I can vouch for Atreyu's car too, it's in great shape, even better than mine. It also has the pre-tsb clutch which in my opinion is better and feels more agressive.

Okay guys, tomorrow is the big day. Going to see the MS6 tomorrow and if all works out will be driving it home.

Atreyu, no hard feelings bro. If circumstances were different i'd be coming to your house this weekend and not chicago. :)

Wish me luck guys.

From just having purchased a used MS6 you definitely need to bring it to another Mazda dealer to have it inspected by a disinterested party. If the dealer says no go, I'd walk.

Good luck!

Its funny you say that because i'm not buying from a Mazda dealer. It just so happens though that there is a mazda dealer just a couple blocks from where this dealer is. lol

Edit**i talked to the sales mgr and he said the car was a repo.

Hopefully i don't drive 4.5 hrs for nothing.

Last edited:
Good Luck! The first MS6 I bought was a repo it was in great condition and had low miles now my wife drives it. My car that I bought 3 weeks ago was a little disappointing but it rus and drives good.

Looked at the car and have you guys noticed the run differently after an exhaust was put on? RPM's fluctuate, car seems like its going to stall, etc.

that sounds like bad news to me.
I think you should check out Atreyu's ride, seriously if you're looking for a clean MS6, at least check it out...you won't be dissapointed.

If the car has been modded and has a motor mount on it, it could just sound like that at low rpm with the AC on.

If that is not the case and you were driving with the AC off, then run.

No motor mount as the engine rocks pretty good.
AC on same, AC off same. threw a CEL and we checked it out. came back as rough idle. did some inspection and the (not sure what its called) vaccum tube from the plenium (intake) to the bpv was dangling. Replaced and all is good.

Picked up the car by the way. Mechanically sound after fix. visually at the moment looks good. may find more inperfections as time goes...as always.

Question though, how much lag do you guys typically feel? mine is prob like 2-3 sec.

there is no lag in this car because when you drop the right gear you are in turbo. you need to be worried about boost, fuel cut, and knock.

Latest posts

Back