New to the Mazda Fam!!!

geyev

The Zoom Zoom Kid!
:
2013 Mazda5 GT
Hello Mazdas247 Fam!!

New to the forum and just wanted to do a quick intro!

About 2 months ago I was looking for a van/suv that would be replacing the duties of my 2003 Honda Pilot. My Honda Pilot Ex has about 220k flawless miles and felt it was time to reduce it's duties. Of-course my first intentions where to look at the new Honda Pilot and Honda odyssey and while they are both great vehicles they also fetch a fairly steep price tag. While at the Honda dealership, there sat a used 2012 Mazda5 sport. I didn't know much about the micro van but decided to check it out ... Initially believe it or not, I was drawn to the styling. Not really a mini van and a bit bigger then a wagon..hmmm interesting. Next I thought, wow.. seats six too?? Okay, this just might work...So off to the internet to due some research on a new 2013.

Happy to say on October 17 I became part of the Mazda family!!! Many THANKS to the Mazdas247 members for plenty of informative info!! So much info that I decided to get 2... LOL!!!! Best of all, got 2 cars for nearly the price of 1 2014 Honda Odyssey Elite!!

Here's a quick pic, better pics to follow!!

2013 Mazda5 Grand Touring - Crystal white pearl
2013 Mazdaspeed3 Touring w/tech - Crystal white pearl

Last edited:
Hello Mazdas247 Fam!!

New to the forum and just wanted to do a quick intro!

About 2 months ago I was looking for a van/suv that would be replacing the duties of my 2003 Honda Pilot. My Honda Pilot Ex has about 220k flawless miles and felt it was time to reduce it's duties. Of-course my first intentions where to look at the new Honda Pilot and Honda odyssey and while they are both great vehicles they also fetch a fairly steep price tag. While at the Honda dealership, there sat a used 2012 Mazda5 sport. I didn't know much about the micro van but decided to check it out ... Initially believe it or not, I was drawn to the styling. Not really a mini van and a bit bigger then a wagon..hmmm interesting. Next I thought, wow.. seats six too?? Okay, this just might work...So off to the internet to due some research on a new 2013.

Happy to say on October 17 I became part of the Mazda family!!! Many THANKS to the Mazdas247 members for plenty of informative info!! So much info that I decided to get 2... LOL!!!! Best of all, got 2 cars for nearly the price of 1 2014 Honda Odyssey Elite!!

Here's a quick pic, better pics to follow!!

2013 Mazda5 Grand Touring - Crystal white pearl
2013 Mazdaspeed3 Touring w/tech - Crystal white pearl

Haha, that's pretty awesome. Good work and welcome.

Welcome. You got two great cars (not only bc I own a Mazda) at a great price. It would also be my choice of packaging and color for both vehicles! Hppe you set some budget aside for mods :)

I heard that a Mazda Sport trim does not have Bluetooth, but you can get around that and MAKE a way for a car that doesn't have Bluetooth, to actually have it, there is a YouTube vid on it, don't remember the name of the video, but I'll look it up. :), congrats on your new member of the family...now all you have to do now is SPOIL THE LUCKY MICROVAN TO PIECES!!!! =D

Welcome!

It only takes about $20 and some elbow grease (not much) to add Bluetooth to any car with Aux inputs. :)

Back