New to forum! Looking to buy mazda3 hatchback

Hello everyone,
Have been considering selling fiancee's jeep grand cherokee (that she just bought a few months ago...maybe 6?) and purchasing a mazda 3 hatchback (5door).

Is there somewhere on this forum site that I should look at and get ideas for purchasing one? it would be a used (2004) if anything. I see the prices in MN are around 13.5k-18k, so it sounds like a great car for the price.

Basically, this post is a hello to all and a post to ask for any advice on a mazda3 hatchback!

Thanks
Ryan (hundoracer)

mspeed555 said:
I like the mazda3..What color are you looking at? Welcome to the forums..

I really like the blue or orange, but it is up to the fiancee...I am sure the blue...is there a dealership in the area that is a good Mazda dealership???

And thanks for the welcome! (mj)

there are 2 no haggle dealers and 2 regular dealers

no haggle Burnsville and Whitebear lake

regular in Minnetonka and Brooklyn park

No haggle dealers are good because you can just go and check out what the cars actually cost. What I would do is go to the no haggle (up front pricing) dealer and find out what options you want and how much you really want to spend. there are a few options which are pretty important (such as ABS brakes) make sure you know what the cars cost AND what the options cost. Just find a car that has what you want and look at the price. Then go to either of the regular dealers and ask for AT LEAST $500 less than what the no haggle store has for that car (make sure that you know the rebates too as you may be asking $500 less than a car marked WITHOUT A $1500 rebate) I know that may sound confusing, but really just find the bottom line at the no haggle and you can get the car for hundreds less at the regular dealer

also consider a new vs used as with a one year old car the price MIGHT not be very different at all, but it would be wise to really haggle down the price of a used car as well as dealers mark up used cars by A LOT!

SORRY TO BE SO CONFUSING, IF YOU HAVE MORE ?S ASK...GOOD LUCK

Back