New tire monday! woo hoo. Cooper Zeon RS3-A

Kojack

:
2007 5 GT "thing 5"
I just got the call my new tires are in for the 5. Can't wait to get them on. The goodyear GTs were worn bad, and causing funky driving characteristics. The new tires have a more rounded sidewall too so Grabbing rain grooves will me lessend now, and I think that will cure my rubbing problem with the GTs...Going on the same rims I had. I will be getting new ones later on, but right now, the same gun metal wheels.

Good to know. I like the less aggressive tread and sidewall compared to my Goodyear GTs. I am pleased so far.

After some time driving on these tires, We are 100% impressed with them. Cheap from Canadian tire, purchased the good warranty, so when we get to about 50% worn, a mysterious sidewall failure will happen and a new set of tires will be available! ha ha.

On my second set for my 5 and I feel they are decent tires for the 5. Sticky enough, decent ride/response and treadwear, even for the tire hungry 5. I might go with something else next time, if there is a next time, just for a change.

My brother in law works for Cooper in management and I only bought the first set to give them a chance as I had never owned Coopers before . And no, no special price here. I bought the first set of RS3 from a local Cooper dealer and the second set from Discount Tire Direct through Ebay.

My only regret really is that I wish my BIL had told me they were Made in China. I'm not rah rah Buy American, but I I prefer to buy American products from an American company when I can. But I still recommend these tires, as I feel they are decent tires.

I have the Canadian tire, tire warranty for them, so I get them replaced if something happens to them.

just realize Canadian Tire has better pricing than my favorite local tire store, that is when Canadian Tire has a sale going on. thanks OP,

How are the cooper's holding up? The last time i replaced my wife's 5 tires, I put Michelins on it. They had a very small profile and they were very brittle. Side wall deterioration was rapid. Considering what I paid for them I was expecting more as I have always been a Michelin guy. Would you say these are more robust? If im going to be buying tires every three years, the price for these being more than half the price of the Michelins seems like the way to go.

How are the cooper's holding up? The last time i replaced my wife's 5 tires, I put Michelins on it. They had a very small profile and they were very brittle. Side wall deterioration was rapid. Considering what I paid for them I was expecting more as I have always been a Michelin guy. Would you say these are more robust? If im going to be buying tires every three years, the price for these being more than half the price of the Michelins seems like the way to go.

Last summer we replaced the tires on my wife's 2008 MZ5 with Hankook Ventus S2 in 205/50/17. These have been very nice so far and came at a decent price with very high user rating on Tire Rack. This is the third set of summer tires we've had since our 2008 was new. The previous set was a Yokohama Avid Envigor in 215/45/17. I liked these tires but they didn't last nearly as long as I expected since I previously ran these same tires (although in a different size) on my 2004 Corolla for 5 years. Prior to the Yokohamas were the OEM Toyos. Additionally we had run a set of Firestone Winterforce in 205/60/16 during the winter. Only now, after 7 winters, do these need to be replaced, though we haven't decided on new snow tires yet. But we should get them this coming summer, whatever they are.

Back