New owner performance question.....

Cisco

:
2003 MazdaSpeed Protege - Grey
Hi Everyone,

I just bought a 2003 MSP and so far I am really happy with it. One thing I have noticed and I am hoping you can help me with is the Air/Fuel ratio... I think?

Basically, I have noticed that when I put my foot into it full throttle, the car seems like it bogs down slightly as if its getting too much Fuel dumped into the cylinder or something. Its not terrible but the response at half throttle is great which is why I am wondering if its getting too much fuel. Does anyone know what I am talking about? If so, whats the best solution to get better response and power? A new computer maybe?

I did read on one site, I beleive Turbo magazine where they were dyno testing an Ion intake system, that they felt the car dumped to much fuel into the cylinders at the higher end too.

Thanks for you help and suggestions!

Best solution...would be an engine management system or a piggyback to tune the a/f. You hit it on the nail..it is the a/f on the car that is an issue. the piggyback option will obviously be the least cost one and easier to deal with. There arent many options for piggyback set ups but search the forums and youll find im sure all the info you need. Most used ones i would say is the unichip and the split sec afc...but then again so is the mpi tuner.

Yup, car runs rich as hell.

Search for either Unichip or DSM AFC. They are the most popular (IMO) piggybacks proven to work on these. Also, people are having success with the eManage as well.

take out the diffuser.. it's alot better.. i did that last night i i waon't put i back, be sure of this

fr0st said:
take out the diffuser.. it's alot better.. i did that last night i i waon't put i back, be sure of this[/QUOTE
Can you tell me how this is done? I've had the same problem.

get the MAF out of there to work on it.. it's that little plastic grill in front of the maf..

i knocked it out gently to not break it and your all set to go :)

Back