New Nav card doesn't work

erhayes

Contributor
:
2022CX5 PP
Purchased a new Nav card from amazon for my 2022 CX5. Card sold as latest 2022 card for Mazda CX5. The card will display ~ 20 files when viewed on my desktop but, my vehicle doesn't acknowledge it. I double checked that the lock is off on the card. Suggestions? I have put in a help request to seller but, may take several days to respond I was told. Ed

My CX came with a card and, of course, nav. I had to purchase a card for my MX and I got one from Amazon. The first card that was sent to me behaved exactly as you describe. Files on the card but didn't work in the car, the car didn't even recognize that a card was inserted.

I contacted the seller and told him/her what I was seeing. He/she told me to, with the card inserted, disconnect the battery for a few minutes, then reconnect. I knew that this was BS and no way in hell would it work. I told the seller that I disconnected the battery as suggested and had the same result. Yes, I lied to him/her.

I was sent another card and it worked perfectly. I was able to get the three updates as well.

I played with the old nonfunctioning card a bit using the Mazda ToolBox. I was able to see the VIN that the card was 'mated' to, and it wasn't my VIN, dunno who's it was/is. So, I'm guessing that the first card sent to me was a copy of an already used card?

Can you use the ToolBox to look at your card?

I contacted the seller and was told the card was good for 2022 cx5 models up to vin# xxxxxx. My vehicle was above that. Sent card back and ordered from a different supplier. Ed

Back