New Member seeking Wheel/Tire Advice

hackintheback

:
08 Speed3
So, I've decided to throw some new shoes on my 08 Speed3

I'm looking into getting the 18x7.5 Enkei EDR9's(+45) with a set of Hankook Ventus V12(215/45ZR18)

Wheels Link: EDR9's

Tires: Hankook

I've never outfitted new rims and tires to a vehicle before, been a stocker my entire life up until this car and I'm loving the aftermarket products provided for it. I just want to be sure, if anyone can comment on this; that I will not run into any sizing issues, rubbing or the like.

I am pretty sure I have no other choice than to purchase the TPMS, I've heard some half assed attacks at solving the issue, but I am a man that likes to do things right(IE no tape ;))

I have a stock suspension, not lowered at all and I'm running 18'

Thanks for ANY Input!

Since you say your at stock ride height, you probably won't run into any rubbing issues, especially with a stock tire size. Just keep in mind that the outer edge of the wheel will be 20.7mm (nearly an inch) further out, and the contact patch of the tire will be at least 8mm further out. Fender rubbing under full suspension compression (ie, taking a speed bump at a high speed) is a possibility. The offset difference will make any suspension rubbing a non-issue.

The wheel/tire center will be 8mm further out, which may affect the scrub radius...I'm not sure. It will affect torque steer, but probably not enough that you'll feel it.

Back