New front bumper

scooby419

:
02 Protege 5
About a month ago, I had my car at a shop and someone backed into my car with their Blazer. The estimate of the damage was $450. The bumper doesn't look all that bad, so I can live with it in its current condition until spring comes. Now that I finally have the check for the money, I am looking into the choices there are for aftermarket bumpers. Does anyone have any good suggestions, links, prices, etc... I love the look of the front end as it is, but I am just curious since I have the money.

Just do the WW front if you want it to fit right ,right off the bat.OR you could go with the buddy club front end ,but it would not look right with out the rest of the kit and it will need work to fit correctly.
If you dont like either of these options,you could always try to find a used front bumper in good shape and put the Autoexe or replica style lip on it and still come out alright.

This is what I would lean toward
Matt

You could get a 03.5' MSP bumper. But then you'll lose the fogs (but good for getting cold air into a CAI if you have one). Just an idea.

446385_8_full.jpg

Last edited:
And to top all of that off that pic is of an 03.5 front bumper lip.That is another option and it will fit the P5,MP3,and 03 MSP bumper.The MP3/03 MSP bumper is another option as they do not have the side marker lights that no on with a P5 likes.
Just a couple of more options that hadn't crossed my mind when I posted the first time.
Matt

Thanks for the ideas. Does anyone have a picture of a P5 with just the WW front bumper? It would be nice to see what the finished product would look like. I don't plan on doing anything until spring so that gives me plenty of time to figure things out. But feel free to keep the ideas coming!

Last edited:
I need to call them to see if they sell just the front bumper separate from the rest of the kit. And I am not too sure if I want to lose the front fogs. Another thing is that I am trying to outweigh the pros and cons between plastic and fiberglass.

Douggie said:
You could get a 03.5' MSP bumper. But then you'll lose the fogs (but good for getting cold air into a CAI if you have one). Just an idea.

446385_8_full.jpg

thats the msp bumper i remeber when he got it its the whole bumper reall bad paint job if you ask me.

MintBlue bumper too. Goes right over existing bumper. Not sure if it'll cover up your damage though. You should search for pictures. It's a pretty sweet bumper.

SenorCorwin said:
thats the msp bumper i remeber when he got it its the whole bumper reall bad paint job if you ask me.

that's MSP bumper + 03.5 lower lip.

It's MSP/MP3 bumper cause it doesn't have side markers...

why is it a bad paint job? it matches perfectly? the lighting is weird in that pic.

SenorCorwin said:

Douggie said:

the bumper is exactly the same. the holes for the foglights are blocked off. unless you drill some holes or something, it serves no function.

tonkabui said:
the bumper is exactly the same. the holes for the foglights are blocked off. unless you drill some holes or something, it serves no function.

If you look carefully, they're not exactly the same. There's a small edge that curves around the fog light openings in the MSP bumper. The ones on the P5 is smooth. Even if you get the MSP lip and put it on the P5 bumper, it's going to look slightly different. Not to mention there won't be that ugly orange colored bumper light on the MSP bumper :)

446385_8_full.jpg

VS

104_0496.jpg

Last edited:
where do you see the small edge? the only difference in the bumpers is the lack of the lights. THe edge you are talking about is the lip itself. look at the lip here

/members/Chaosmotorworks/p1010039.jpg

Chaosmotorworks said:
where do you see the small edge? the only difference in the bumpers is the lack of the lights. THe edge you are talking about is the lip itself. look at the lip here

/members/Chaosmotorworks/p1010039.jpg
Yup. 03 MSP covers do not have the ridge, as it's just added by that lip.

Latest posts

Back