New CX-9 owner, question about sidde view mirrors

dorqus

:
2010 Mazda CX-9
Greetings,
*** Sorry about the typo in the thread title! ***
So I just picked up a 2010 CX-9 "Sport" a few weeks ago (Certified Pre-Owned)

It seems that my side view mirrors are different - the drivers side one is more square, while the passenger side one is more angled.
If this on all the 2010's? or has one of the mirrors been replaced?
The Carfax for the CX-9 showed no accidents, but I know that not all accidents get reported to Carfax.
I do not have heated side view's or the turn signals in them.

Also, how can I tell if I have the 6 CD head unit? I have a "load" button on the left side of the CD slot, but can't load more than one CD (I think the head unit is defective, as it often will not eject CD's, so it could just be broken/faulty)

Thank you.

As far as the mirrors the sport doesn't have heat or signals on them. The touring has the heat and the grand touring has the heat and turn signals on them. As for your cd, if it doesn't have the bose system then it is a single cd player type radio.

As far as the mirrors the sport doesn't have heat or signals on them. The touring has the heat and the grand touring has the heat and turn signals on them. As for your cd, if it doesn't have the bose system then it is a single cd player type radio.

Thanks for the clarification on the audio system (I do not have the Bose).
My concern on the mirrors is that the actual shape of the side view mirrors is different between the drivers side and the passsenger side, and I'm just wondering if one had been replaced. I'll take a photo later and attach it to show the differences.

Thanks for the clarification on the audio system (I do not have the Bose).
My concern on the mirrors is that the actual shape of the side view mirrors is different between the drivers side and the passsenger side, and I'm just wondering if one had been replaced. I'll take a photo later and attach it to show the differences.

Except for a late 80s Ferrari Testarossa, I can't think of any car that has different shaped L and R side mirrors; sounds like it might have been replaced.

Here are the photos of both side view mirrors.
Drivers Side
drivers-side.jpg

Passenger Side
passenger-side.jpg

My 2010 Sport has heated mirrors (came with the auto-dimming rearview mirror), but they both look the same. I'm at work, but if my memory is correct, I think the passenger mirror is original and the driver's side has been replaced.

Last edited:
My 2010 Sport has heated mirrors (came with the auto-dimming rearview mirror), but they both look the same. I'm at work, but if my memory is correct, I think the passenger mirror is original and the driver's side has been replaced.

Yeah that's what I figured, thanks theisen_4.

Based on this, it looks like 07-09 were a different style than '10:

http://www.mazdaparts.org/macxdomiwitu.html

I can't tell from this diagram which mirror is which, but your dealer probably can. I have not replaced the mirror on the CX-9, but I did it on a Honda Pilot, which was the same style (in the corner of the window, and not attached on the outside door panel), and replacing the Honda mirror was super easy since the inner door panel didn't need to come off. You could order the part here, at a discount, and save dealer labor charges:

http://onlinemazdaparts.com/parts/2...cleid=293173&diagram=5424510&diagramCallOut=1

Back