new battery for msp?

:
03 MSP OJ
i see lots optima battery on forum

oO is it one of the best choice ?

yellow top or red top?

ok i just took CR3's advise, gonna grab a redtop for now, since walmart near me only carry red top. dont wanna search for yellow top atm XD

Last edited:
OPTIMA Batteries 8040-218 D35 YELLOWTOP Starting & Deep-Cycle Battery

OPTIMA Batteries 8020-164 35 REDTOP Starting Battery

does AC and 6.2" DVD/GPS need yellow top? kenwood sub woofer?

is there a huge differences?

cuz local walmart in canada only carry red top 34 and 35

if i want a yellow top i have to shop around lil bit and lil trouble finding them.

if i run ac / heating and dashboard 6.2" gps, dash camera and listen to music all the time with subwoofer disconnected

red top would provide enough current to make everything work fine without dimming the headlight if i press horn or turn on/off gps?

i heard yellow top would be better if the car has more electronic application

just not sure if a 6.2" dashboard GPS DVD radio thingy and dash camera, ac/heater counts or not.

i've had a optima red top for 10 years. Replaced my factory battery within a year of buying the car. I have a Alpine 9835, which has an internal 6 channel amplifier directly connected to the battery...as well as a subwoofer amp directly connected...

Usually will have my android phone charging while playing music or something, and a Garmin gps connected (has the ecoroute/mechanic stuff)...

the car sits nearly all winter long...I try to start it a few times and roll the tires, but usually forget...many winters it sat for 3 months in 10 to 20 degree weather...

never once had to have this car jumped...never any questionable engine cranking...best battery i've ever used. I still get head light dim when putting all 4 windows up, but i've read thats more of an entire electrical system issue...not the battery...and grounding kits can fix that anyway...

I use my yellow top all the time on the cars that I fix, sometimes draining it to the point it cranks slow, completely a few times even and still charges right back up and keeps going like a champ. I don't see myself getting any other type of battery. had mine for almost 2 years now.

Back