NEMOC Random BS Thread

mornin nemoc...looking forward to this weekend LRP, always a great time...get to see some old friends and meet some new folks and watch some racing. got to do a few things on the car yesterday...see some of you in 4 days!

good morning!

in the middle of installing illuminas + stock springs. fronts are in:

turns out the car was set to +0.5 camber (less negative camber). so fixed that. Oh, and I have eccentric bolts on each knuckle for mad camber yo. Going to shoot for -1.5 front, -1.0 rear.

8019927278_1b31522b49_c.jpg

Discovered that the right rear caliper is seized on the sliding pin at the bottom, so one brake pad is almost 100% gone. tried to hammer the caliper off the mounting bracket, but it ain't coming off. so new caliper time.

Also, discovered that both tie rod ends were torn! So new tie rod ends are in, all threads antiseized like a motha.

Greetings from Kansas!

We finished up early today so I get to come home tomorrow rather than Wednesday. I'm pretty happy about that. Now I have an extra day to prep the MSM for the trip.

morning all...3 days to lrp...looking forward to seeing all again... chris, it's been over a yr!

What's shakin'? Car is going in tomorrow to hopefully get this clunk diagnosed and then I can work on getting it fixed. Damn thing is driving me crazy.....lf corner when you push down on the fender, creaks/groans when going over speed bumps in the front and clunks like crazy in the rear when I back out of my driveway.

update jeff?

I came across a Mazda owners thread on the mountain bike forum I frequent. Call me crazy, but if someone goes through 9 motor mounts, 3 differentials, and 3 clutches over the course of 120,000 miles I would think they are probably doing something wrong. I don't even think Oleg can dish out that amount of abuse on a car. Have I been in the dark ages or were the MP3 and MSP more unreliable than the Protege and Protege5?

http://forums.mtbr.com/9474803-post39.html

It largely depends on the owner. I know folks who have exploded MSP's with ease, and people who are nearing 200k in them with zero issues.

Depends on the owner and the car. Protege diffs are notorious for going kablamo, and the motor mounts are made of un-hardened jello, so...

Please vote for Sahlen's guys..

Just wanted to get this out to the community so Mazda Owners can vote and try to help Team Sahlen and Mazda win this.

Voting is now open for the 2012 Rolex Moment of the Year and Team Sahlen’s win at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca is one of the five! Voting will be open through midnight ET on Sunday. If you would like to promote this via social media the website address is www.grand-am.com/rolexmoments.

morn all! back from lrp...great time as always...good to see some old friends and meet some new ones! thanks marlon and lauri for all you guys do to make the weekend a special zoom zoom event!

Afternoon everyone.

I was in San Diego for a week on business, but we've all but booked a date for the Mountain Climb.

Saturday, June 1st was our first pick, but we have a couple people who may not be able to make it, but this just means we'll most likely be booking the following weekend.

I'll keep you all posted.

Hey, hey, hey.....from what I've been reading, missed another great time up at LRP. :( I'll have to log on later to see any pics I'm missing here at work. I know Josh has to have an album out ther somewhere. :)

update jeff?

Had to cancel the appt. two Fridays ago as I needed the car that day and rescheduled it for this past Saturday at 9am. Woke up Saturday and had forgot about it until I turned my phone on...at a quarter to ten! Doh. She is pulling left though as I need to have the wheel slightly to the right to track straight on any road and she's def. feeling a little loose in the front end and still getting that damn noise from the rear?

Jeff you did miss a great event and you were missed. Personally like to thank the NEMOC family for the continued support. Hopefully we can get to see you guys more than once a year. We always look forward to hanging with all of you, it seems like time flys by and we are headed back home. The 2013 schedule is up and hopefully we'll see you guys at Mid-Ohio and at the 6 hours of the Glen too!

Last edited:
morn all! back from lrp...great time as always...good to see some old friends and meet some new ones! thanks marlon and lauri for all you guys do to make the weekend a special zoom zoom event!

Our pleasure Mahk, it is always a good time when old friends get together....keep your eyes open for shrinking Piloti's!!!

Back