NEMOC Random BS Thread

I spent the entire evening chasing down the heavy/memory steer issue. The wheel would basically stick if you let go mid-corner. It was an adventure. Had to remove the metal skid pan, which had never been removed. Crusty rust proofing was flaking and falling all over the place. Then I spent the good part of an hour figuring out how to get a wrench on the power steering line to remove it for a flush. After much swearing I got it loose and fluid blacker than an overdue oil change came out. I put in some fresh ATF Type-F and after making a bit of a mess by over filling I was back in business. I made some adjustments on the set screw on the steering box as well, and voila, the problem went away! I also swapped the front motor mounts for new ones. Old ones weren't that bad though, I guess the OEM ones just allow for quite a bit of engine movement because it still twists quite a bit when I rev the throttle. Maybe I should have gotten poly mounts.

So now the car basically feels like an oversized go kart. Carry speed into a corner, floor the gas pedal mid corner, and just hold it there until the buzzer goes off. I sure could use a few more ponies under the hood :)

How is everyone enjoying the heat and humidity? Took the day off so we could take our son on a tour of CIT. A member of the advisory board whom is friends with Tams boss set up a private tour with the director. It was very informative and we have a feeling he may join this year. Just a matter of what trade. I really liked the auto tech area! Took advantage of the storm holding out to mow the lawn and then showered before we headed to the St. Roccos church festival for dinner and visiting with friends and family.

I like!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with this guy! Looking good Chris, another nice choice on wheels!

Hey Kyle! As you can see a lot happens while you are out there enjoying the wild. :)

We picked her up on August 6th, got $700 for the rusted out P5. Checked the website last night and the car is listed for sale. Have to contact for price and pics are of a stock yellow one.

Have fun Mahk and Chris!

Hey Kyle! As you can see a lot happens while you are out there enjoying the wild. :)

We picked her up on August 6th, got $700 for the rusted out P5. Checked the website last night and the car is listed for sale. Have to contact for price and pics are of a stock yellow one.

Awesome! I love the cx-5 so much but could never get one without manual/awd. On sunday I was on the highway when the p5 suddenly lost all power and the temp gauge skyrocketed! Turns out the downstream o2 sensor wire was touching the exhaust manifold, shorting a wire, which then blew the main 10A engine fuse. Repaired the wire and secured it, added a new fuse, and we are back in action! 211k miles and climbing 50 each day with commute to the new job. Next month it might be making a 9 hour drive to Montana. Cant get rid of this thing

So I did a thing. Since the original paint on the car could not be matched with the OEM color code, I decided to change it up and dipped the whole car. My first time doing it too. :) Don't mind the stock wheels, those will get fixed soon.

ogcqqp.jpg

25zqbo6.jpg

n3ken7.jpg

15mfi2a.jpg

Awesome photos Josh! They look like a video game!

Mark and I had a blast at Palmer Motorsports Park last night. I strong advise everyone to look up these track nights on the SCCA website and catch the next one you can, even if you show up in your daily driver it's a ton of fun. Forget parade laps at Limerock, the guided laps at this event are quicker, and then they open the track up for you drive at your own pace. This video is the final laps of the first session. I was stuck behind the red volvo through most of the beginning of the session but that was fine because it gave me a chance to learn the track a bit. He would pull away, then I would catch him on the next technical section. He finally waved me by and I was able to open it up. However, at full throttle starting way before the apexes, pretty much every other car on the track was able to step away from me. By the final session I was carrying more speed into the turns and trying to hold onto it. I got the tail out a few times on some medium speed corners but it was easy enough to catch. I never got up the guts to hit turn 1 very fast though because it is completely blind and off camber. The whole track is very challenging and several corners look the same. Every apex is late and hidden (look for the cones). What you don't grasp from this video is the elevation change. It's basically a hill climb. The double switchback uphill I am full throttle in 2nd gear and barely accelerating. My arms are sore now, driving the RX7 felt just like F1 Boston karting on a large scale. Plenty of grip, no power, open throttle, and heavy steering.

I understand Kyle and you'd think Mazda would offer that combo. There is def. a market for it. That is crazy about the P5 but glad (I guess) that it was an easy fix. I was hoping to break 200K but fell 5K short. :(

Would have never guessed that was your first time Josh. It looks great!

Cool vid Chris. I can see that the experience was well worth the money.

Thanks guys! That track night looked awesome! Maybe next year mine will be ready for it. On another note I'm going to look at another Mazda tomorrow. ;)

August 30th is the next one at Thompson (might be closer for you too). Haven't decided if I'm going...but I know I want to go! Maybe I'll have my RB sway bars installed by then.

Ya, I'm not sure either I have a new job so leaving earlier maybe not right now, and I got two chips in the glass on the ND to boot! [emoji30]

Ya, I'm not sure either I have a new job so leaving earlier maybe not right now, and I got two chips in the glass on the ND to boot! [emoji30]

noooooooooo. I sat in one at the local dealership and Id really like to take one for a ride, but I need to find a dealership wayyyyyyy out of the city so I could actually drive and open the damn thing up!

Ill have to snap a pic later of the "new" car that I also have :p

Back