Need help with oil pan removal

livelyjay

:
2014 Focus ST
Went in for an inspection today and I passed, but the mechanic said the oil pan is weeping oil due to rust. He's not lying either, the pan is rusted bad and I am losing oil between oil changes. Does the exhaust system need to be dropped to do the oil pan? My exhaust system bolts are rusted to say the least. The exhaust manifold bolts and gasket are brand new however. Should I just unbolt the manifold and drop the exhaust that way? Should I try to pull out the J-pipe studs, drop it that way, then replace the studs with stainless hex bolts (I already have the bolts)?

I've never done an oil pan on a MSP but have on several other cars. Usually it's pretty simple. I'd definitely get in there soon though. Good Luck

Drop the down pipe, the front half of the exhaust with cat, and unscrew all the bolts around the oil pan. Also, be sure to DRAIN THE OIL (piss). If the pan does not come off easily, tap around the pan with a rubber mallet. TBH though, it is probably one of the easiest parts to replace, just make sure you have some sealant between the pan and the MBSP to prevent leaks.

Latest posts

Back