Need help PLEASE anything helps

billy'sMP3

:
Mazda MP3
So I blew the motor in my car and I ordered one from Protege Garage and it took 2 months to get to me "forever" and I put it in the car and when I tried to start it, it instantly had a knock so I emailed Protege Garage and they pretty much said im SOL they dont have warrentee's on the motors but they can give me the number for other automotive warehouses that do!? So theres $1,199.95 down the drain Im stuck I dont know what to do. Should I rebuild the motor and if I do how can I do it on a tight budget?? Anything helps Thank you

I'm sorry to hear that man. That's pretty crappy on PG's part warranty or not.

You can find out why it's knocking. Maybe it'll be something "simple" like rod bearings
Just keep this in mind when building:
Fast+Cheap=Not Reliable
Cheap+Reliable=Not Fast
Fast+Reliable=Not Cheap

Last edited:
lol yea I know this is my 3rd motor so now I know what I need and once I got the motor I thought I had all that I needed so its almost like everytime I get closer to getting it done theres something else wrong dam these cars

And Ive done everything I talked to Ken and he said since I didnt have a machanic shop put it in and no recipt then im screwd, I had my dad put the motor in and hes an ASE certified machanic hes been at this for 29 years but he pretty much said im screwed

And Ive done everything I talked to Ken and he said since I didnt have a machanic shop put it in and no recipt then im screwd, I had my dad put the motor in and hes an ASE certified machanic hes been at this for 29 years but he pretty much said im screwed

That's a load of s***. What's the difference between an ASE mechanic in a "shop" or an ASE mechanic in a garage.
For some reason I've never felt comfortable ordering anything from PG, no matter the size..Plus their prices are completely absurd, but this is the icing on the cake as far as me not ordering from them.

I say talk to a shop, have them print you up a fake receipt and give it to PG...unless he's read this of course.

lol Yea thats what I was thinking but now a days everyone wants money you know! But my dad was saying just to rebuild it but rods and rings are expensive

Hah I was gonna order a motor from them but not anymore! It seems as though they don't really value their customers.

Hah I was gonna order a motor from them but not anymore! It seems as though they don't really value their customers.

Agreed.
Billy and Cmezz If you're wanting another engine you may want to look into picking up a motor on eBay. I've bought 2 engines though eBay neither of which were near the 1k mark that PG is asking. I believe one was $425 and the other was 6ish. You can probably sell the engine(s) you have now.

I don't want this to be a bash against PG, I'm sure they're a good company, I just don't agree with how your transaction went about especially when dealing with someone in the same hobby.

Last edited:
Will the car bog alot when theres acouple Vacum lines not connected? Is there a Vacum line Diagram, I just want to know how to run my lines before I do that Im gonna take the motor apart and look at the rods and see how bad it is and I geuss go from there, Is there any way you guys can help me put the motor all back together on here?? lol

I'm sorry you got screwed, I will never do business with Protege Garage. Hopefully you can rebuild that motor, I would sue the piss out of them.

Last edited:
Legally there is nothing you can do about it. Rebuilt motors are riskier than used anymore. This is what you want: http://www.sunrisejdmmotors.com/engine_details.php?id=135&page=2 Low mileage used motors the best way to go. What happened to the first one? Rebuilding the old one might have been cheaper to start with anyway. As far as being ASE certified. These guys don't care. Anyone can get ASE certified, I'm ASE certified, not saying he's not a good tech but thats why they want a shop to install parts to validate the warranty

That's a load of s***. What's the difference between an ASE mechanic in a "shop" or an ASE mechanic in a garage.
For some reason I've never felt comfortable ordering anything from PG, no matter the size..Plus their prices are completely absurd, but this is the icing on the cake as far as me not ordering from them.

I say talk to a shop, have them print you up a fake receipt and give it to PG...unless he's read this of course.

+1 I still have yet to recieve my msp shift knob i ordered in 2010 Ken said it was Fedex's fault and i was SOL sorry to hear man!! PG was amazing years ago when i did my hiboost set up and had zero problems!! I think either they are overwhelmed or just don't care anymaore... That's why i only deal with Crossover auto....... Or my local speedshop! Hope u get it figure out!

Last edited:
I had a bad experience with Ken too, i ordered a 626 intake mani a while back and ordered the egr pipe with it. Well the pipe never showed up and after a years worth of emails, he finally refunds me the money after reading a thread on here about everyone's experience with his shop. But, ended up selling the manifold anyway and i never ordered anything from them since.

my last email to you explicitly stated the following;

"If they decide not to cover the engine, I will have to examine what I can do personally to help you out."

how convenient of you to leave that detail out of this thread billy. but hey, i'm a real dirtbag!

outside of all that, it states clearly on my site there is no warranty, and i still listened to you and replies. outside of all that, you waited two months after you got the motor to reach out to me. outside of all that, you could have installed it and taken those two months to blow up this engine just like you did your last two with whatever modifications you've slapped on there. outside of all that, i offered to do something - anything i could really - to help you out. but here we have this.

offer rescinded. policy clearly stated. have a nice day.

lol big Lou Ken told me that he sent the motor and it would be at my house in 3 days well 2 weeks later after trying to get a hold of him he finally got back and told me I should of had it already so apparently he made acouple calls and they found it. And I still had to wait another week, so for me to get my motor it took a total of 2 months to get it, and I found out from fedex that he sent it 2 days before me getting it so wat an asshole for lieing for one and for two wat an asshole period lol. And Tuners and Rods I ordered a used low millage motor from PG and now I have to rebuild it I was told I could go through the Atturney's Generals Office thats based in Chicago since thats where PG is based out of, so I called them and they said I do have a case against them because by law a buisness over the Internet cannot sell bad product and if they dont want to exchange the bad motor for a good one thats illegal but its a long prosses but Im gonna go through with it because that $1200 down the drain that Im not gonna lose.

Back