Need help PLEASE anything helps

it sucks that you lost money, yes, but in all honesty you have no case. im not saying its fair or that your wrong, or anything like that. but hell the american justice system is not fair but thats life. i just blew my turbo at the beginning of the summer, and that costed me 1500 to replace (bought brand new turbo) and it took 2 months for my mechanic to install due to complications (had him install it because it blew when i was an hour away from home, which was 5 minutes from his shop), then after finally having my car back for 2 days my transmission gets ****** up, syncros for 2nd gear are ****** up. and now i have to pay to get that fixed too (labor alone estimated 1,300). i am 20 years old, i go to college, i have a part time job at school, but that only pays enough for gas and insurance which i pay both of by myself 100%. i worked all summer, 40 hour weeks and all the money i saved up went into this car (and then-some). the MSP is a money pit, love it or leave it. but thats how it is. we all have woes from time to time, if you want something thats not going to break down on you, dont buy another engine, take that 1,200 and buy a 94 honda accord with 150k miles and part-out your MSP. that will last you years with no major problems. we all (for the most part) bought the MSP knowing its prone to disaster, and we gotta stick together to get through that s***, cuz it ****** sucks ass.
bottom line: you know you own an MSP when it puts you into debt even though you payed cash for it.

Last edited:
You cant just get ASE certified just like that!! Yea you are ASE certified but you still went to school for a 6 months or so but he is ASE certified and has been for 20 years!! Thats way more than enough experiance time and if you want more he worked for Ford and for Mazda in that 20 year span!!And as far as a shop doing it, the only difference from my house and the shop is theres a camera at the shop thats it!! I have a car lift at my house and a paint booth the only thing missing is a business lic.

I have an MP3 and all I wanted was a stock working motor just to drive not to put performance parts on

yes, thats understandable, but the mazda protege line (sorry to say) but it sucks ass in terms of reliability. well, not all, but a good amount. it seems to be a lottery with these cars. im just glad mazda stepped up their A game with their later models.

my last email to you explicitly stated the following;

"If they decide not to cover the engine, I will have to examine what I can do personally to help you out."

how convenient of you to leave that detail out of this thread billy. but hey, i'm a real dirtbag!

outside of all that, it states clearly on my site there is no warranty, and i still listened to you and replies. outside of all that, you waited two months after you got the motor to reach out to me. outside of all that, you could have installed it and taken those two months to blow up this engine just like you did your last two with whatever modifications you've slapped on there. outside of all that, i offered to do something - anything i could really - to help you out. but here we have this.

offer rescinded. policy clearly stated. have a nice day.

Who is they??

yes, thats understandable, but the mazda protege line (sorry to say) but it sucks ass in terms of reliability. well, not all, but a good amount. it seems to be a lottery with these cars. im just glad mazda stepped up their A game with their later models.

Yea thats true, honestly the only thing im pist about with all this is now I dont have the money to fix this motor you know, and I have no other vehicle

Yea thats true, honestly the only thing im pist about with all this is now I dont have the money to fix this motor you know, and I have no other vehicle

im in the same boat with you, as described in my story earlier i havent had my car all summer. and im the type of person that NEEDS to go out and be with friends doing something fun. and i havent been able to all summer. granted im able to hitch a ride to work with my brother since we work at the same place. whatever you do man, good luck. through this summer i learned that life can suck pretty bad, and it can cost you a lot, but in the end money isnt important, im mad i spent all my summer funds (btw its ~5-6k, i make 12 an hour) on my car, but in the end it gets me back to school and lets me see my friends and family and thats whats really important.

You don;t go to class to get ASE certified. You take a test just like SAT or ACT. There is no prep course per se. Fact There is a lambo mechanic right down the road from me he IS NOT ASE certified. Why? Because it really does not mean anything especially since you only have to take a test on one subject about a vehicle IE: brakes, parts, engine, etc it is not all inclusive

Tuners and Rods;5744671he IS NOT ASE certified. Why? Because it really does not mean anything especially since you only have to take a test on one subject about a vehicle IE: brakes said:
Agreed.
Hell, Advance auto says they only hire ASE cert. people
HA! Isn't that somethin'?

I don't doubt that. What I'm saying is that I've yet to come across a single person at AA that can tell the difference between a broke rotor and a turn signal bulb. I don't believe at all that they are tested.

You can't really say that Proteges are unreliable. The MSP isn't super reliable but honestly in the 30k+ miles i've driven mine the only times it broke down was a dead battery, busted lightweight crank pulley, and busted braided clutch line, none of these are Mazdas fault. And that is with a stock engine, stock tranny/LSD and stock clutch. Once they are modded to hell and back the reliability goes out the window. The P5 I owned since new I never had a problem with once, replaced the battery, brakes and tires and routine maintenance and it was a great car until I wrecked it at 83k miles.

when mine was stock, the LSD crapped out and I had a leaking clutch line and that was it, other than that, the car has been great. Once I started modding it, the only issues I had was the throwout bearing went bad, so I just replaced the clutch and got a lightweight flywheel. The only other issue was my stock radiator started leaking and the water return elbow crapped out. Those are the only issues I have ever had with my car since getting it in 2007. Granted, the car only has around 85000 miles on it since most of the time I have had the car, I have been deployed to Iraq. But when Im home, I drive the hell out of this car, boosting a lot, "spirited driving" cough cough, trips from TX to SC and back, trips from Ft. Hood to Austin or San Antonio, Dallas, Houston and back. I love the car regardless of the problems and can't wait to get back home and drive it..lol

You can't really say that Proteges are unreliable. The MSP isn't super reliable but honestly in the 30k+ miles i've driven mine the only times it broke down was a dead battery, busted lightweight crank pulley, and busted braided clutch line, none of these are Mazdas fault. And that is with a stock engine, stock tranny/LSD and stock clutch. Once they are modded to hell and back the reliability goes out the window. The P5 I owned since new I never had a problem with once, replaced the battery, brakes and tires and routine maintenance and it was a great car until I wrecked it at 83k miles.

wheni had my p5 i had oil burning from every which way in the engine at ~130k an engine should not need a rebuild at 130k miles.. my 94 honda accord, THAT was a reliable car, it was my first too. the only thing i had to change in the 30k i owned it was the master cylinder for the clutch and it had 160k miles on it. i also used to beat the s*** out of it too, more then the MSP (and it was hella slow) haha

Back