Need help PLEASE anything helps

You know what Ken there's only one thing I can say to you right now MAN UP because I told you what happen!! I told you I got the motor and then I had a familly emergency, but let me geuss if your mom was in the hospital you would be the one to stay home and put the engine in anyways you would be that type of person, and I dont sit in an office all day answering phone calls and answering emails all day, I actually work hard for my money and don't screw people over. Oh and its hard paying someone else to put it in for me when I spent $1200 on a blown motor. Did you not read any of the other threads on here and how you screwed them over, and you don't try to help anyone out as long as you got that money in your account your satisfied, I like how you say "for all I know you put the motor in yourself and drove it for 2 months and blew it" well I can say the same thing to you KEN for all "I" know you and your brother pulled a "blown" motor out of a wrecked car and just sent it to me without even doing any tests. I asked you for the "Tests" you did on the motor and you still havn't shown me anything. Anyways I have spoken to the Illinois Attorney Generals Office, they stated that you cannot sell it "as is", there is a consumer fraud law that states you must protect "ME" from this type of deal, and you are not in any shape or form helping me....if anything you are working against me. Im going to fill out a form to the Illnois consumer fraud division with all this information, to include this thread and all emails from you. Including Other people that you have screwed and the Attorney General will see what you have done to all these other people that you have screwed!! And yes you did reply to my emails but its more of a courtesy thing than anything due to it being your business, if you cant handle the work load of the emails and calls from your costomers then you need to hire someone to help you or don't have a buisness that you cannot provide good costomer service!!

So Thank You!!
And now you have a nice day :))

Last edited:
Oh by the way Mr. Ken Miller I just got off the computer searching PG with the Illinois BBB and they state that you are not a member. Can only geuss that you are not a "BETTER BUSINESS"!!!

Good for you for taking action. People like this make me sick and need to be dealt with accordingly. Make sure you save this thread in it's entirety..I do have a feeling it'll be deleted.

Hate to be Devil's advocate here but:

Due to the wide variety of modifications done to these vehicles and driving styles, ProtegeGarage can not warranty these engines in any fashion expressed or implied. We guarantee that all engines are pulled from running wrecked vehicles and tested thoroughly prior to loading and shipment. We cannot warranty or assume liability for a used engine failure unless it can be specifically proven that customer abuse or aftermarket modification did not cause a failure.

That's there for a reason, you do not have a case, he said that there was no warranty before you bought it. That's how motor warranties work and even if he did give a chance to have one you would have to have a shop pull the whole damned thing down to even have a chance of getting a warranty because that is how engine warranties work. It's the same for a rebuilt or even if YOU went to a junkyard and pulled it it's the same. Yes anything can be sold as is there is no limit. IE: you buy a dvd player for 5 bucks at a yard sale and it stops working after the 1st movie you have no recourse against the seller since it was bought as is with no warranty given or implied. A judge will more than likely throw your case out.

You also cannot prove that he did not send you another motor if FEDEX lost the first one. It does happen. Been there done that, I had to Eat a 900 dollar software set for some scantool equipment because FEDEX lost it.

As for the BBB it means nothing, esp. since in most states you fill out a form and pay a fee to join. I've seen more crap work come from BBB accredited shops than anywhere else.

Fact of life: Trying to save money and fix something cheap will usually cost you more.

OK well thats fine I have proof I have pics and I still have pics s*** Ill take a video. The only aftermarket thing I have on the car right now is Exhaust and its not even hooked up to the motor! And what do you mean "You also cannot prove that he did not send you another motor if FEDEX lost the first one" because fedex lost it in there substation and somehow someone at fedex found it and sent it, so it was the same motor it was just MISPLACED. So you mean to tell me if they had to take a package worth $5000 and they lost it then the buyier is screwed because Fed ex lost it?? No they cant do that or they wouldnt be a World Wide Delivery Service, sounds like you just gave up and lost out on your money because the company also puts insurence on the package, and say they didnt well then the seller is still responsible! Ive been through this with people on Ebay too.

Fact of Life: Carma is a b****

Last edited:
well. i've had nothing but good transactions with PG and Ken has helped me before with advice before making any purchases. By all means do some research before making any purchases. just know it's usually the bad transactions that are talked about the most.

on another note. it sucks that this happened to you. and i'm no lawyer but if your going to try and bring a lawsuit against PG or Ken I would advise you save this thread and then quit responding to it. Remember all your statements can be used for you and against you.

After reading Ken's post the water got muddy. You're story left out a few details that soften your case. I don't know anything about Ken or his business practices, but I do know that this kind of forum bashing doesn't make friends. Good luck getting this sorted. I can't image how pissed I'd be if I spent $1200 on a knocking motor, then again I wouldn't spend $1200 on a used motor that I knew nothing about - thats a whole lot of cash for used goods.

When I said I'd be all over PG - I meant that I'd be on the phone with THEM working out a solution. Not beating them up on the web... It always better to deal with problems at the source.

Last edited:
It clearly states that although the used motors do not carry a warranty, they WILL be properly tested and checked out before selling them, which was obviously not the case in this situation.

Im not trying to bash anyone I came on here looking for help, and I did try to talk to him and I got accused off blowing the motor and Ill tell you something right now if I blew it then Ill tell you I blew it but since I didnt Im not going to just sit her and get accused of something I didnt do!! Like I said I came on here looking for help, you dont see me putting a thread up saying Screw PG or anything like that someone asked me a question and I answered it, so I dont see who Im beating up?

I must say im disappointed to have read through this thread. Not because you feel you got screwed either. I have made ~90% of all purchases, for 3 different vehicles, over the course of 3-4 years, from PG, and have had a total of 2 issues. Both were solved within reasonable time frames and Ken was very professional and understanding. I can't help but to feel that this thread is a cancer to our hobby. So you had bad luck with an unwarrantied product you bought from PG... That is bad luck. Maybe you should go back to the drawing board and figure out what YOU are doing wrong. I can understand the frustration with losing money. There is no reason to try and destroy one of the few supporters to our hobby in the process of mourning your loss. If anything we need more people like Ken, and more shops like PG. Suck it up, drive on. You took a risk, and lost. Have your dad help you build a new motor with what you got, go forged, that way if anything happens it's on you and your dad. It's simply not fair for these shops, making hundreds or thousands of honest transactions, to satisfied customers, to be badgered by someone who will leave out key details so as to portray a bad image of them. If you want to crucify a shop for bad business.....fine. Prove it. Post things that are relavant and factual(receipts, shipping details, documented convo's) Keep your tall tales to yourself, let the facts do your talking.

As for the people that read the first couple posts and so easily labled Ken/PG as trash.... I suggest you reconsider. Did this gentleman have a bad experience....sure, but that doesn't mean you will. Im sure there is more to this story that he carefully chose to leave out. Go off facts. Can you imagine if we all just went off "what that guy said". People have hidden agendas. Let's not be foolish and let ourselves be pawns in their game.

Regardless of what you post, facts or not, Ken has always been good to me and helped where he could, when he could. I will continue to do business with PG and continue to recommend them when i can.

Good luck with your issue. I hope you are able to solve it with minimal damage to our community and it's supporters.

Last edited:
I must say im disappointed to have read through this thread. Not because you feel you got screwed either. I have made ~90% of all purchases, for 3 different vehicles, over the course of 3-4 years, from PG, and have had a total of 2 issues. Both were solved within reasonable time frames and Ken was very professional and understanding. I can't help but to feel that this thread is a cancer to our hobby. So you had bad luck with an unwarrantied product you bought from PG... That is bad luck. Maybe you should go back to the drawing board and figure out what YOU are doing wrong. I can understand the frustration with losing money. There is no reason to try and destroy one of the few supporters to our hobby in the process of mourning your loss. If anything we need more people like Ken, and more shops like PG. Suck it up, drive on. You took a risk, and lost. Have your dad help you build a new motor with what you got, go forged, that way if anything happens it's on you and your dad. It's simply not fair for these shops, making hundreds or thousands of honest transactions, to satisfied customers, to be badgered by someone who will leave out key details so as to portray a bad image of them. If you want to crucify a shop for bad business.....fine. Prove it. Post things that are relavant and factual(receipts, shipping details, documented convo's) Keep your tall tales to yourself, let the facts do your talking.

As for the people that read the first couple posts and so easily labled Ken/PG as trash.... I suggest you reconsider. Did this gentleman have a bad experience....sure, but that doesn't mean you will. Im sure there is more to this story that he carefully chose to leave out. Go off facts. Can you imagine if we all just went off "what that guy said". People have hidden agendas. Let's not be foolish and let ourselves be pawns in their game.

Regardless of what you post, facts or not, Ken has always been good to me and helped where he could, when he could. I will continue to do business with PG and continue to recommend them when i can.

Good luck with your issue. I hope you are able to solve it with minimal damage to our community and it's supporters.

You're right. My apologies, Ken.

I think what low pro is saying has a lot of truths to it, however the one experience i had with ken wasnt the best, still got my product and it was in perfect working order, it just took a very long time and he never responded to emails, or phone calls. but that is my only complaint is the customer service. but hell, i had a bad experience with corksport too, lol. but id buy from both again, however if i bought from PG i would place a call to make the order to make sure he has what i want in stock, regardless if the website says its in stock or not...
theres definitely a lot of the story (on both sides) we are missing. theres always 3 sides to a story, OP's side, Ken's side and the truth. BUT it is human nature to lie by omission.
that aside, i think the bashing on both sides should stop. i had one of these threads not too long ago and im not too proud, and OP believe me after everything is done you wont be either, because this thread did absolutely nothing but make you and ken look like an ass. and as for advice, i also think you should work with what you got, its possible it could just be bearings, which you could replace without pulling the engine. (drop oil pan, you may have to crank it manually though to reach them all)

I like how you guys keep saying that there is more to this story, but why would I just come on here and lie?? Yes its a $1200 product but theres no reason for me to lie about something I didnt do and you say you had 2 bad transactions in the past and Ken helped you right away but was the 2 products worth $1200??And its not mine or my dads responsibility to put together a bad motor!! I dont have the money to just up and order rods pistons and all that s*** because now aparently I just "SUCKED" up the money, I just wanted a running motor anyways just to get from point A to point B now Im just screwed, and it may be "YOUR HOBBY" but it also gets me and my wife to and from work and my son to Daycare, and "LUCK" has nothing to do with it its being honest and a good buisness. You see he didnt just take my money he took my wifes money and my Son's money, but everyone on here is telling me just to take a loss OK well I dont give up just that easy all you guys can but I wont. You guys try being in my shoes and Im not saying for $20 either im talking $1200. But he probly needed the money more than me anyways.

Dear Ken,
Aparently Im being very mean to you so Im sorry! Thank you for sending me a Motor that, well atleast "starts" and im sorry for giving you a big work load and making you email me back. I was wondering, could I possibly get the same disscount that you give everyone else on here, or that disscount you promised me when it took 2 months to getthat motor to me. Yea I might need that to get the new rods and pistons or a new motor!!

Thanks Buddy xoxox

The motor was pulled already and taken apart and it was a bad rod and "newly found" a bad cylinder so now theres even more work to be done!!

Back