Mykflo's Mazda2

The setup is now Corksport cat back exhaust/ corksport race pipe/ speed labs Hot Pipes. Any help with the CEL would be appreciated!

The issue is you no longer have any catalytic converters with that setup, your rear oxygen sensor is looking for a different reading than your front one, but since there is no longer a cat in between them they read the same and throw a code.

So I just need dynotronics to wipe the code with the next tune.. thanks. I was just wondering because for like 30 miles there was no CEL and the code translates to low voltage on the 2nd o2 sensor. If the car will run fine then I too am fine. I.ll just wipe the code for inspections purposes.

Very cool.

I didn't realize we had a timing chain! Also, man our intake manifolds are so ugly... I wish I had the welding skills to make one, even if it meant not much for power gains.

Awesome dude, just awesome. Post video of what it sounds like! Does your state not care that you're catless. My state just tightened the screws on inspections, as even mediocre shops are visually checking for cats now (my catless no-code-throwing wrx failed visual at its usual passing station).

Oh yes! Glad you're happy with it. More impressions on the added hp would be great. Also, member ChrisMcQ that bought the header from me as well used this oxygen sensor. Please post on my header thread when you can. I'd appreciate it.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

$_12.JPG

Last edited:
Yes TX needs cats for inspection but right now I think they only go by the CEL. They are supposed to do visual but I don't think they ever do. No sniffer test either. I got my inspection done the day of the install.. inspection first so at least I have a year now to figure something out.

I'm thinking I might go with hot-pipes and then a high-flow cat down from that. That's a ways down the road, though.

You can also look for a "spark plug anti-fouler" which will allow you to mount the downstream o2 sensor farther out the exhaust stream. Many times that will fool the system into not throwing the cel. They can be found at most auto parts stores pretty cheap.

I'm really looking forward to hearing your 2 with its new free breathing 1.5. The parts you chose are exactly the ones I've been thinking about ( not much to choose from ) . I'll be lurking around till you post more info/video . Seems like the install is pretty involved and could get pricey what's the ballpark cost for install ?

I'm in Miami by the way and I'll be installing mine very soon and i have two shop as options. One in Davie is charging me $230 for the install but they have experience installing the header as they did it once before for member Andres. The other shop i use in Doral says he'll charge me less but has never installed one.

PM me if you want the shop info.

I'm really looking forward to hearing your 2 with its new free breathing 1.5. The parts you chose are exactly the ones I've been thinking about ( not much to choose from ) . I'll be lurking around till you post more info/video . Seems like the install is pretty involved and could get pricey what's the ballpark cost for install ?

Well the kit comes with an extender but it still threw the code. I wonder if that one would work..

I never got an extension but did get 2 blanking plates. I cable tied the 2nd lambda probe outside of the header so it would read clean air (from the engine bay) but it still tossed a code! I'm not sure why haven't had it diagnosed yet.

I'm in Miami by the way and I'll be installing mine very soon and i have two shop as options. One in Davie is charging me $230 for the install but they have experience installing the header as they did it once before for member Andres. The other shop i use in Doral says he'll charge me less but has never installed one.

PM me if you want the shop info.

experience is good to get those pesky heat shields off quickly!!

Ordered the dynotronics tuning pack today and spoke to joe regarding the error code CEL. Said he'd take care of it all. Can't wait!

Back