My repairs so far...

Wow, I honestly did not expect such negativity from this forum. For those who replied with condolences, thank you. Actually, I have another to add to my list after reading speedbegone post. Driver side mirror. Edit I complained about the road noise and wind noise on the driver side door but thought it was the seal or window. The mirror replacement definitely fixed it.

I do not troll the internet and it is a big annoyance when I see it. Regardless, I have an appointment at the Bob Moore Mazda dealership in Edmond (Oklahoma) on Tuesday to replace my bluetooth module.

Don't get me wrong, besides the smaller cup holders (wife likes the large Sonic drinks and cant fit two ;)) we absolutely love driving the CX-5. It is just unfortunate that we've had so many issues.

As far as the transmission quant, it was a TSB and cost them over $7000 per dealer.

Yes, I do have TPMS on all tires. They are very common these days. Surprised it isn't on yours. I have a 14 GT

Well it is very easy to suggest troll when there is a first time poster, who is naming off items being repaired that do not exist on the car. Sorry.

Glad you are keeping everything documented though as you might be needing to use the data for lemon law. What is the build date?

For what it is worth... if you have a Mazda CX5, there are no TPMS sensors in your tires...

Last edited:
Gonna give you the benefit of the doubt here as I know not everybody who drives a car with modern technology understands the meaning. TPMS is Tire Pressure Monitor System, not Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors. The CX5 uses a system without sensors in the wheels. This model uses the vehicles antilock brake sensors to monitor the tires. Perhaps you mean 2 of these ABS sensors went bad, affecting the TPM system?

Well, there's only one TPMSystem on the car, and 4 ABS sensors. When they fail, it is identified as ABS failure, not TPMS.
And two sensors failed at once?

Gonna give you the benefit of the doubt here as I know not everybody who drives a car with modern technology understands the meaning. TPMS is Tire Pressure Monitor System, not Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors. The CX5 uses a system without sensors in the wheels. This model uses the vehicles antilock brake sensors to monitor the tires. Perhaps you mean 2 of these ABS sensors went bad, affecting the TPM system?

Wow, thank you. Didn't understand this and I appreciate the education. Wish the guy at the counter explained that. He said sensor so I assumed it was the wheel sensors. Thank you.

What is the lemon law? Is it different per country/state or is this with Mazda? Will research but thought I'd throw it out

Back