My New 2013 Mazda5 GT - Stereo Upgrade Time

hello friend, I have a 2013 Mazda 5 with the original navigator and I would like to change, putting an Android 2din.. the problem is that the power cable has a different connection and I have not found any cable that fits, what power cable do you have used? Attached are the photos of the original power cord of the car and of the new car radio that I would like to buy. Thanks in advance
This looks like this connector. You'll probably have to build your own adapter, try searching on AliExpress for something like 16 pin Mazda stereo adapter or so.

Attachments

• pinout_1628105433_2674-pin.jpg
    pinout_1628105433_2674-pin.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 58
Because it's a complete piece of trash. Ever tried to use a $20 Wish dot com tablet? Because that's exactly what it is.
Stick to a known name brand: Kenwood, Alpine, JVC, Pioneer, Sony.

Because it's a complete piece of trash. Ever tried to use a $20 Wish dot com tablet? Because that's exactly what it is.
spend €800, perhaps more for a car that is valued at €5,000. in my opinion it doesn't make sense.. however there are brands, which have still excellent car radios without spending too much. I have friends who have them and they love them.

however the problem is another, I asked another question and I still haven't received any answer 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mazda has used the exact same stereo harness for the last 30+ years, from the late 80's until just a year or two ago.

Literally anywhere that sells car stereos will have the appropriate wiring harness, and it shouldn't cost more than about $10.

By the way, you do realize you can get a name brand stereo for far less than $800, right? Kenwoods et al start about $100 and go up from there.

Mazda has used the exact same stereo harness for the last 30+ years, from the late 80's until just a year or two ago.

Literally anywhere that sells car stereos will have the appropriate wiring harness, and it shouldn't cost more than about $10.

By the way, you do realize you can get a name brand stereo for far less than $800, right? Kenwoods et al start about $100 and go up from there.
but are there compatible with the Mazda 5? if there are then welcome! Can this link I put be good for the Mazda 5? however my power cable is the one I put in the previous photos. maybe i managed to find an adapter

I bet something like this is available in Europe.

Android 11 Car Stereo for Mazda 5 2007-2012 with Wireless Apple CarPlay Android Auto,9 inch Touchscreen Car Radio with WiFi,GPS Navigation,Bluetooth,FM/RDS,SWC AUX-in,Dual USB+AHD Backup Camera https://a.co/d/dPDZgli

I have that one. So far it is okay. Only real issue is FM reception. I would not buy that specific one again but it works.

Android 11 Car Stereo for Mazda 5 2007-2012 with Wireless Apple CarPlay Android Auto,9 inch Touchscreen Car Radio with WiFi,GPS Navigation,Bluetooth,FM/RDS,SWC AUX-in,Dual USB+AHD Backup Camera https://a.co/d/dPDZgli

I have that one. So far it is okay. Only real issue is FM reception. I would not buy that specific one again but it works.
unfortunately I have a different model from yours, it is the second edition, from 2013 and therefore this car radio does not fit

Oh, they (sometimes) physically function but they are buggy as hell, they crash requiring a key off to reset, as you stated the radio reception is absolutely atrocious, and worst of all, the sound quality is absolutely horrific. The factory stereo has far, far better sound.

I love the *idea* of them so much, I tried three different ones. The last one I suffered with for a year before I just couldn't stand it anymore. That's when I got a Kenwood, and life's been good ever since.

This guy above me has a point - low-quality Chinese stereos are low quality. Cheap = bad, expensive = makes sense somehow.

Low-end name-brand stereos use the same chips for the amplifiers as most Chinese brand stereos. Sometimes even, their electronics/schematics are quite dated compared to the Chinese.
The problem with the Chinese brands is that there is a whole ocean of fakes faking other fakes and knock-offs of knock-offs. Navigating in that ocean of [you know] is a tedious task.

Inb4: I disassembled name-brand stereos trying to source the amp chips to re-solder those in Chinese stereos to improve the sound quality. Also, there are fake amp chips on sale, go figure out which is good or not.
Personally, I've made my choice for a Chinese brand - mainly due to the fact that I am also developing some software/hardware and it is sort of a project/hobby for me.

With one's cost of labor per hour, I think it would make more sense to go for something more trustworthy - the guy above me is right, better go for Kenwood.

hello friend, I have a 2013 Mazda 5 with the original navigator and I would like to change, putting an Android 2din.. the problem is that the power cable has a different connection and I have not found any cable that fits, what power cable do you have used? Attached are the photos of the original power cord of the car and of the new car radio that I would like to buy. Thanks in advance
Now that I see this post from the desktop, I would recommend taking a picture of the rear panel of currently installed stereo, as it seems like it's an [aftermarket] modification - win ce based stereo. You might even be able to find the pinout for this, which would be a starting point for building your own harness.

This guy above me has a point - low-quality ___ are low quality. Cheap = bad, expensive = makes sense somehow.
Fix it for ya and 100% agree b/c this applies to all material things. *When* MFG moves to Vietnam/India/Africa, cheap is still cheap 😅.

Considering this is a discussion about Android radios, this forum can only confirm 'how well' it fits, 'what it looks' like post-install, and confirm what is lost in the OEM functionality. Anything else is anecdotal or post specs (brand, package, street price) and share the exact unit to avoid (even this is subjective b/c some accept the limits of the low price point). I think the new gen of 10.33" wide screen units fit cosmetically very well in the 2nd gen's dash; dislike it is in a tablet shell and not a true 1-din casing.

Once you find something you 'think' you are considering, post/ask/research at XDA (been around since 2000s), that is where I narrowed down a list.

And there are a ton of Youtube videos that explain the ins/outs and pros/cons of Android base systems.

Last edited:
Original = the previous own may have installed it?
Original = Factory Mazda?

(I'm not sure I fully understand your question)
IF you buy any unit specifically "for your car", it should come with the bezel (frame) and wiring kit which includes the harness (female) that connects directly into the car's original connector (male). Think of it this way, that white plug (original) does NOT connect directly into the Android or any aftermarket radio. You need an intermediate harness to link the the two (if done right, cut and solder wires is good too).

example:
61iqSeBPNZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Not sure how hands on you are but you can also buy terminal removal kit and flip wires around (if this is your issue with power wire?? I'm sure something is lost in translation).

My most recent installation - I purchased Teyes brand stereo, - this is the best one I've touched so far. Mazda
They have several tiers of products: low, mid, top. I have personally chosen mid tier for better quality display - CC2pro.
For both gen Mazda 5, there are two options: go for 7" generic "2 din" or for 9" with a specific frame. Second-gen - I would definitely recommend going for 9 Inch, - this looks great. First gen - probably, 9 inch as well, although, to me it looks a little bit oversized.
Support is great, they also have plenty of additional devices that integrate almost seamlessly: TPMS sensors, all kinds of rear- front- and dash cameras. I absolutely love my wide-angle reverse camera, I find it incredibly helpful. They also have 360 surround camera kits that integrate with their systems.
The biggest downside would be that their fan/modders community in mostly in Russian on 4pda.

Ora che vedo questo post dal desktop, consiglierei di scattare una foto del pannello posteriore dello stereo attualmente installato, poiché sembra che sia una modifica [aftermarket] - stereo basato su win ce. Potresti anche essere in grado di trovare il pinout per questo, che sarebbe un punto di partenza per costruire la tua imbracatura.
ciao amico, il mio modello è un modello solo per l'Italia, perché in America ci sono solo pochi modelli che qui in Italia non ci sono, viceversa. qui in Italia il modello si chiama Mazda 5 smart Navi e ha il navigatore di serie, come quello che metto nella foto, viene dalla casa madre così com'è, allego la foto del retro dell'autoradio.
Original = the previous own may have installed it?
Original = Factory Mazda?

(I'm not sure I fully understand your question)
IF you buy any unit specifically "for your car", it should come with the bezel (frame) and wiring kit which includes the harness (female) that connects directly into the car's original connector (male). Think of it this way, that white plug (original) does NOT connect directly into the Android or any aftermarket radio. You need an intermediate harness to link the the two (if done right, cut and solder wires is good too).

example:
61iqSeBPNZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Not sure how hands on you are but you can also buy terminal removal kit and flip wires around (if this is your issue with power wire?? I'm sure something is lost in translation).
sorry if I don't write well in English, but I live in Italy 😅 in any case yes that's the problem, the power cable that they give together with the android car radio has a different connection from my original one. I was able to find a cable that has the same attack luckily, yes ali express, when it arrives, I'll see if everything works. Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with wiring harnesses on cars.

Attachments

• IMG20230304234914.jpg
    IMG20230304234914.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 45
My most recent installation - I purchased Teyes brand stereo, - this is the best one I've touched so far. Mazda
They have several tiers of products: low, mid, top. I have personally chosen mid tier for better quality display - CC2pro.
For both gen Mazda 5, there are two options: go for 7" generic "2 din" or for 9" with a specific frame. Second-gen - I would definitely recommend going for 9 Inch, - this looks great. First gen - probably, 9 inch as well, although, to me it looks a little bit oversized.
Support is great, they also have plenty of additional devices that integrate almost seamlessly: TPMS sensors, all kinds of rear- front- and dash cameras. I absolutely love my wide-angle reverse camera, I find it incredibly helpful. They also have 360 surround camera kits that integrate with their systems.
The biggest downside would be that their fan/modders community in mostly in Russian on 4pda.
Do you know how many degrees is your wide-angel lens? Can you post a pic of what it looks like? I have a hard time finding a good and cheap one and really want to upgrade mine (170*) for wider fisheye view.

Haven't hear of Teyes but they do seem to pack a lot of hardware but their prices reflect it!

I recently drove a top trim Rav4 Hybrid and really like the 360 camera. Seems Teyes 360 camera system only integrates with their system (per their comment) but this looks good for $112. Wonder if this can be 'made' to work with other systems.
promo vid
actual install and setup - very impressive.

FWIW, this reminded me of my attempt to make a cheap 360* view back in the day with just cameras, relay, 3 way rocker, and a DPDT switch :D. It severely lacks the software touch to sync/link graphics!

Last edited:
The manufacturer claims this camera angle is 160 degrees. Attached is the picture from the head unit. The camera is installed under the license place light using this fixture.
Parking lines (adjustable by software, by the way) are roughly aligned along the outer edges of the tires. I used some measuring tape, chalk, and long pavement grooves to adjust it, this is the result of the adjustment.

I don't think it's worth working on making the 360 work on other android units. I mean, it's possible, nothing is impossible in the software world, but it's gonna cost more than the price of the head unit.
The reason for this is that the 360 functionality integrates and relies not only on the andoid part of the unit software, but also on the firmware of the MCU - this is sort of sub-android part, which controls the cameras switching, etc. It's like bios and it's specific to the electronic components of the model, so, it's very hard (almost impossible) to reverse engineer and port. Also, hacking/porting their android apps is also a tedious task. So, I'd say, no. :)

They also have ADAS front camera which connects over USB and sort of integrates with the head unit via software/firmware and some other fancy stuff.

If you want, I can take some pictures while driving out of the parking lot. Camera angles are really good, it's like I'm able to look around the corner with it.

Attachments

• PXL_20220925_021213355.jpg
    PXL_20220925_021213355.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 62
Back