My MSP is Totaled!

OrngSpd03

:
2003 MazdaSpeed, Spicy Orange
Ok so it looks to be in perfect shape but actually was in a flash food. Who knew they didnt float??? I can't beleive I was flooded out in the Middle of St. Louis, MO. not far from downtown. Its not like I was driving in some backwoods country road past a creek. They pronounced it dead last Tuesday. My insurance company told me today they are allowing me to keep a few items before they take it away from me :( Basically anything I put on aftermarket that can be swapped back to OEM. Maybe a part out coming soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is a bad year for msp's :(

and uh, being caught in a flash flood in st. louis isn't that irregular.

They're dropping like flies this year, aren't they? :(

Sorry for your loss! I went through it myself just a month ago.

I removed all your potential part-out items from your first post, so this doesn't spawn into a FS thread. If you decide to part out what you have, please start an official FS thread with the proper pics in the right subforum.

no doubt they are dropping off the map.. i could have totalled mine with ease the other day.. sorry.. ur spicy looks really good too!

dude you wouldn't wanna buy back a flooded car....the motor and mechanical might be good.....the elec poo would be toast and it would become a rust bucket

How did it flood over there this time? My friend goes to school up there and her rx 330 was flooded when hurricane ike hit texas (wtf?). I was here in houston and the flooding wasn't that bad.

(sad2)....~..sigh..~...sorry to hear about your misfortune dude. You didn't try to cross a low-lying underpass did ya? Hell, even out here in AZ those underpasses, low areas etc always get a few dozen drivers in Phoenix & Tucson during the annual monsoons...

dude you wouldn't wanna buy back a flooded car....the motor and mechanical might be good.....the elec poo would be toast and it would become a rust bucket

well if he loved the car so much and has something else to drive than he could strip out the interior and put a new harness in. just an option

No underpasses, just waiting at a stop light during some heavy rain 2 weeks ago. Water just came up outta nowhere. Tried to cut the ignition before it came up to high but it was rising to quick. Water in the motor, intake, floors, dash...everywhere. Apparently in Illinois (where I live) they no longer allow you to buy back a totalled car. Something to do with a "chop shop" law. Its already smelling terribably nasty inside so i'm not sure I'd even want to bother trying to fix it. Just waiting on a check from the insurance man, using the time to decide what I wanna get to replace it.

How did it flood over there this time? My friend goes to school up there and her rx 330 was flooded when hurricane ike hit texas (wtf?). I was here in houston and the flooding wasn't that bad.

I was out driving my work truck all day and outside fixing phone lines in that mess. It wasn't pretty. I saw many cars dead in the water that Sunday the hurricane made it up here.

Heavy rain on top of storm drains that were backing up. I was in a semi low area so that didn't help. It was just the wrong place to be at the time.

damn bro im sorry to hear about this, wow this has been a terrible start for the msp in 2009

Too many "Totaled" threads already in 2009.
Diddo on the Insurance Company getting you a fair settlement.
Any thoughts on what your next Ride might be? MS3??

Too many "Totaled" threads already in 2009.
Diddo on the Insurance Company getting you a fair settlement.
Any thoughts on what your next Ride might be? MS3??

Insurance gave me retail on my MSP, minus just a little for my high miles. I'd say that is very fair. I'm not sure what I am gonna get next. I'm starting to look, MS3 is a possibility.

Back