My MSP is SLOW as hell!

could also be plugs, coilpacks, or even your MAF. what mileage does the car have?? if your plugs or coils are original it might be time to change them out, these cars have coils that dont last very longs, also with the mods you have should look at getting colder plugs if you havent yet...kind of going through the same problem and am in the process of figuring out what it is....

The car has almost 98k miles on it right now... not sure if the coilpacks are original. Perhaps those and a new set of plugs should be my next upgrade. Are these things cheap? Easy to replace? I'm sure sparkplugs I can do but i dont even know what a coil pack is.

The car has almost 98k miles on it right now... not sure if the coilpacks are original. Perhaps those and a new set of plugs should be my next upgrade. Are these things cheap? Easy to replace? I'm sure sparkplugs I can do but i dont even know what a coil pack is.

coil packs are the black boxes sitting on top of the valve cover. You can get replacement boxes from mazda for about $90. Or generic ones from your local autoparts store for like $40ish. I replaced the plugs and coils and it help clean up alot of hesitation.

ya. yoy might want to gap them closer also, like .28 ish i think, go with ngk copper plugs, i use bkr7e, there cheap as hell

Excellent info you guys are giving me, but I have one more question. I need a new coil pack for each cylinder, correct? Or do I simply need to buy one new coil pack?

Excellent info you guys are giving me, but I have one more question. I need a new coil pack for each cylinder, correct? Or do I simply need to buy one new coil pack?

2 actually. we use whats called a waste-spark ignition, a spark is sent to 1 and 4 at the same time, and then to 2 and 3 at the same time. When one of those cylenders is on the "power" stroke, the other is on the "intake" stroke.

Back