music tattoo

Gambino

:
2007 Nissan 350z
The more I think about it, the more I need to finish my tattoo soon. I have played music since I was five. I am going to do a half sleeve on my left arm dedicated to music. I currently have an arm band just above my elbow (pictures below). I want to have a ton of things that symbolize music, reactions to music, feelings from music, etc. I do not want words or kanjis or anything like that, but pictures. I have a few basic ideas, but not enough to complete my idea. The lowest point of my sleeve will likely be what I already have, and I want it to go up to my trap. I am going to have an old-style microphone on the left side of my chest as well. I am also thinking about wrapping it around the back of my shoulder to join up with the tattoo on my back, not sure though. Please toss out some ideas/pictures/drawing/anything! thanks!

Also, don't make fun of the pictures, I have to post some with my shirt off so you can get the idea. I hope this doesn't violate the "no nudity" rule ;)

8beqag8.jpg

6jecsia.jpg

869z7kj.jpg

and the star on my back (it isnt't really as big as it looks)
6x1it03.jpg

cool, looks nice. You could so a lot with that.

Tattoos are so very personal. Why don't you think of some things that relate to you or your family or your history etc? They can serve as inspiration for your images. Are you agressive like a bear, wolfish, free like a bird, stoic, rock solid, fiery, cool and calm, dark etc.

I personally like japanese waves and fire. I like the style of japanese tattoos. I was born in the year of the dragon so I thought about a 1/2 sleeve dragon in water and fire. THen again I am not Asian but am Irish and i already have a Celtic knot and would like a half sleeve zoomorph or intricate cross etc. I haven't decided and with all I'm doing now I only really come back to it on birthdays as I get older.

I'd also like to get something that incorporates my son Caleb. Oddly enough, I like the child sized handprint with name on the chest that I've seen before on others.

It's you, do what moves YOU.

Other than if it is chicken scratch art skill, there's not much anyone can say about other's choices. It's up to you. I agree about the no words or kangi though. Go deeper than drunken fratboy work.

that's some good work, I dig the tatoo. As far as adding on, is there a certain musician that has inspired you most? Do you have one certain instrument that is the heart of your music love? I'd take a bunch of things to different artists and see what they can come up with as far as making it all fit together. Especially with a sleeve, it's a fine line between work of art and a bunch of stuff thrown together. Good luck man, it'll come to you. It took me 4 years and a painful life lesson to come up with my idea....even though it's small.

I have several ideas and drawings I have come up with already, I am just looking for ideas from others because I want it to reflect the impact music has on everyone, not just myself. I mostly play guitar and piano. I dont think I want to incorporate a guitar into the tattoo, but I will have a keyboard (from a piano, not like a digital keyboard) in a similar wavy style as the current tattoo.

Well, what I see gives me a bluesy feel. If I correct then maybe an old Les Paul and a "Ric" bass. Being a drummer I would put an old style snare tilted in it's stand with brushes set on the top head. I love the 50's style mic though. You could also do a guitar stand ( empty ) with the cord laying down and plugged in to an amp. When people ask where the guitar is you can come up with a cheesy story about how you love to play so much that its usualy in you hand.

Have you thought about adding items that represent different types of music you like. Evilness = Metal, Dr. Martens = punk or ska/Oi, ect ect.

I don't know, I'm just throwing out so s***.

Back