**MSP Rear Brake Calipers w/ Brackets -- BEST OEM UPGRADE for Protege owners!!**

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrayzieFox

:
01 MP3 Turbo
I have a fully functional (that includes the e-brake mechanism) set of rear MSP brake calipers with brackets for sale. I bought these for my MP3 in hopes of doing an OEM BBK upgrade along with MZ6 fronts, but have decided to simply rebuild my OEM caliper and keep the brakes stock. This sale is for just the MSP rears, but I may put up the MZ6 front calipers soon.

Anyway, this is pretty much the best rear caliper option for non-MSP owners if you're looking for an OEM BBK upgrade. the MS6 rears will offer more braking capacity, but the e-brake cable isn't compatible so the upgrade isn't as easy. These drop right in, especially since I have the brackets. MSP owners could obviously pick these up as a replacement for failing calipers. A couple of people have done the 626 rear upgrade, which IS an upgrade over the non-MSP rear Protege brakes, but the MSP rears are superior over the 626 in both pad surface area (MSP rear: 3200mm x 8mm vs. 626 V6 rear: 2900mm x 8mm) and piston diameter (MSP rear: 34.93mm vs. 626 rear: 30.16mm). The rear disc size is the same for both (280mm). If you want the best stopping power without shelling out tons of money for MS6 calipers or a BBK kit, these are the calipers you want!!

Check out this thread for more detailed information:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123837748-MZ6-626-Brake-Upgrade-Rotors-and-Pads

Asking price: $100 + shipping. I paid $40 per caliper and another $20 per bracket, so this is the best I can do. They're really hard to find too, especially in working order and with brackets included. Most places want to say that the brackets are part of the spindle. PM me with your zip for a shipping quote if you're interested.

15133196962_684ede833d_z.jpg

15133576075_f5965e851a_z.jpg

Signage for the mods :)
14946879789_7cbbb42d28_c.jpg

And an underside pic showing the brackets.
14946874239_375b28e49d_c.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, nice stuff and info here....so many irons in the fire right now dammit...........GLWS

Payment received. Package will go out tomorrow.. assuming I can get to the post office during the Oregon / Michigan St. game. I live by the stadium so it's gonna be a nuthouse, but I'll do my best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back