MSD ignition

:
Mazdaspeed3
i just found an msd ignition universal boost timing master #5462 on sale at another web site for 80 bucks. sale prices go for like 150 and msd sells it for like 230. is this even worth the 80 bucks on this car? heres the description....not sure if its applicable or not...

"The Universal Boost Timing Master allows you to adjust the ignition timing in relation to the boost pressure plus it has a built-in inductive ignition. You can adjust the dash mounted control knob to retard the timing 1 - 3 per pound of boost, up to 15 . The increased spark output of the BTM helps burn the fuel mixture more efficiently resulting in more power - a definite advantage when boost pressure is increasing. The Universal BTM is designed to work with most single coil factory or aftermarket ignition amplifiers and points type distributors."

whuddya think?

well our transmissions do it already so why not the timing chain also? the ******* throw out bearings are loud as hell and tick and rattle. woooo!!

i need to change my avatar sig. this has happened twice. im not the one in the pic, its a female named sara brinsfield. i just like advertising her and the oakland a's.

back on subject
I havent had a problem with rattle, thank fully. you got a sound clip for it?

nah no sound clip. it happens randomly. only at idle though. when you push in your clutch the sound of your throw out bearing stops....im sure you know why that happens so im wont explain it. well, if you release it slowly i can recreate the sound ....sometimes. it sounds like the throw out bearing rattling. like as it starts to spin. i dont know. the only time i ever hear a throw out bearing make noise is when the 95 blazer we had was losing it. ah well. they say its normal. i just go along with it at this point. they said if it makes me happy theyll fix it but if it doesnt make any other noise they assure me its normal. ill just get it fixed a day before my warranty is up for safe measure. lol.

Back