MP5 First Car/First Post Hi Everyone

MP5 Kyle

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Hey Everyone,
My Name is Kyle and im from Ontario Canada. Just over a week ago i bought myself a Protege5, im 16 and this is my first car. Ive been looking for months for one of these and i finally found one and purchased it(i cant even drive it yet xD, only got My G1).

So i guess ill post some pics to keep you all interested. I plan to do some work to the car and make it look nice like all the ones that you guys have. Alright well, heres some pics please post what you think i can do to make the car look better, but nothing too big as im 16 with a part time job. Cant afford superchargers, Expensive Paint job etc..

Thanks for allowing me on forum and i hope to be around awhile!
100210_1142[01].jpg
100210_1144[00].jpg
100210_1146[00].jpg
100210_1142[03].jpg
100210_1142[02].jpg

Last edited:
Welcome and congrats on the first car! First thing you should do is remove the side moldings... many others will agree :)

alright, ill deffinently get on that asap. but first i got an issue of since ive had the car ive sent it in twice because of engine light being on and both times i drive it home it turns back on -.-

go to any auto parts store and ask them to scan for codes.

ok thank you so much. i will get you the code probably in a couple days or even tommorow :) i hope its nothing too major as the car was sold to me certified and i payed 5,200 for it.

ok thank you so much. i will get you the code probably in a couple days or even tommorow :) i hope its nothing too major as the car was sold to me certified and i payed 5,200 for it.

Certified unfortunately doesn't mean squat, it means that the car passed a barely minimum roadworthy check. You should have had it checked by an independant mechanic before buying. Check engine light is not part of the safety check. A car can technically pass saftey without even having an engine installed.

Pat.

Last edited:
ouch that kinda hurts, it was a random dealership too. i also voted against having it checked by our mechanic because im broke ;s. i guess i didnt make the right choice. thank you for your posts its really making me feel welcome to this community.

why, is the check engine light a common problem? like is the car oversensitive to problems, orrr? sorry for so many Question :S im only 16 and want a reliable car.

Well there are a few things that go bad on these 2.0's. Nothing really too bad... off the top of my head a few popular ones include bad egr, bad primary cat/O2 sensors.

your 2nd mod after the side moldings should be lowering springs :)

welcome!

ok, i will do thank you very much.

Well there are a few things that go bad on these 2.0's. Nothing really too bad... off the top of my head a few popular ones include bad egr, bad primary cat/O2 sensors.

alright, ill get those checked out once i take it to the mechanics. thank you.

Welcome and car looks like it's in very good shape. CEL shouldn't be too big of an issue but def. post up the codes once you get them read. Another area of concern would be rust on PS strut tower of the engine bay, doors, rear quarter panels and badge areas of the hatch.

Wow, i guess i let this thread die. but thanks for the info on the rust. on the rear Q-Panels, the metal was replaced after it started rusting, and there's only a bit of bubbling on the badge. I still haven't got around to taking off those side moldings either.

Thanks again for all the Help and Advice!

Back