Mp3 rims

MonzdaCon

:
2001 Mazda MP3, Laser BLUE
Hey has anyone painted their MP3 racing harts a different color. if so can you post a pic, i am considering painting mine when i get them fixed.

MP3Night and UCMP3 have painted theirs black. checkout their signatures

Gold

I painted mine gold!

Attachments

• SSPX0040.jpg
    SSPX0040.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 479
Mine are black currently, But I picked up 2 extra wheels and am resurfacing those and I will be re-painting all 6 shortly. Should get tires mounted on the first 2 this weekend and painted as well. Leaning towards gunmetal but other colors are tempting me... ;)

Also, still deciding whether to do a polished lip... Not sure how pronounced of a lip I can get out of them. That and I will have to do a little extra work to undo curb rash on a few of them.

Last edited:
ehh, cant go wrong with any of them colors ucmp3.. just switch colors every summer lol

ehh, cant go wrong with any of them colors ucmp3.. just switch colors every summer lol

We'll see. I bought blue anodized lugs that I think will work very well with gunmetal. So that's probably what it's going to be. & Scratch already has the yellow w/ bronze going on, so...

205/45r17 (pretty much bald when the picture was taken though; fall 2007)
Here is 205/40r17 (half done) with MSP brakes, and some curb rash:

IMG_1660.jpg

Last edited:
205/45r17 (pretty much bald when the picture was taken though; fall 2007)
Here is 205/40r17 (half done) with MSP brakes, and some curb rash:

IMG_1660.jpg

I will also be looking to upgrade my brakes, are the MSP brakes better than the MP3 ones? and when i say brakes i mean the calipers, and also are they a bolt on fit?

I will also be looking to upgrade my brakes, are the MSP brakes better than the MP3 ones? and when i say brakes i mean the calipers, and also are they a bolt on fit?

Yes, the calipers are bigger and they do bolt right up to the MP3 brackets.

^samesame^ and I was thinking the same as ucMP3 as to the gunmetal with the blue anodized lugs.

Yes, the calipers are bigger and they do bolt right up to the MP3 brackets.
They do indeed bolt right up as long as you have the calipers AND brackets. The calipers are bigger, the rotors are bigger and the pads have a lot more surface area. Judge for yourself here where you see the old rotors on top of the new ones, the difference in pads size, and how tight the new bigger calipers fit in a 15" wheel:

IMG_1646.jpg

IMG_1652.jpg

They do indeed bolt right up as long as you have the calipers AND brackets. The calipers are bigger, the rotors are bigger and the pads have a lot more surface area.

Oh I see, so the MSP calipers don't bolt up to NA Protege brackets? I always thought they did.. good to know, thanks for clearing that up.

Don't think so. I received the entire package when I bought them, and considering how much bigger they are, I'd doubt that they fit.

thanks guys, i actually just bought rotors, so i guess i might have to wait on the bigger brakes, till i change my rotors. How often are rotors changed?

thanks guys, i actually just bought rotors, so i guess i might have to wait on the bigger brakes, till i change my rotors. How often are rotors changed?

Every other brake job is pretty common. Depends what kind of rotors and how hard you are on your brakes, to be honest. You should check your rotors every time you change pads to be sure they are still good (wearing evenly, no glazing, etc...) For my next brake change I will likely upgrade to at least MSP brakes, if not Mazda 6. ;)

Back