Moisture in headlight how to get it out

It's getting in because the sealed unit has failed. Probably just wasting your time trying to get it out since it's just going to get back in again.

If you want to try fixing it I'd remove it, dry it out good, then put some soapy water around all the edges where two pieces of plastic meet. Plug up all the openings for plugs except one then blow into and see where the bubbles show up on the seam. Run a real thin wicking glue like thin CA around that seam and hope it seals it back up.

It's getting in because the sealed unit has failed. Probably just wasting your time trying to get it out since it's just going to get back in again.

If you want to try fixing it I'd remove it, dry it out good, then put some soapy water around all the edges where two pieces of plastic meet. Plug up all the openings for plugs except one then blow into and see where the bubbles show up on the seam. Run a real thin wicking glue like thin CA around that seam and hope it seals it back up.

Agreed with eskimo, just wasting time trying to dry it out, the seal has been compromised, drying it out is just temporary, it's going to leak again.

You'll have to remove the front bumper to get the lights out, I'm surprised for a 2014 it's leaking already, might still be under warranty and dealer should give you a replacement, if out of warranty, you'll need to remove the bumper and replace the faulty headlight, if non-HID, it's not that expensive, a new one goes for $135 on eBay.

Didn't realize the bumper had to be removed to get the light out. That being the case I wouldn't waste my time trying a fix that might not work and I'd just swap it out for a new one.

Didn't realize the bumper had to be removed to get the light out. That being the case I wouldn't waste my time trying a fix that might not work and I'd just swap it out for a new one.

yeah, there's two headlight housing bolts hidden behind the bumper, can't remove the headlight assembly without removing the bumper (it's really not that hard) the video is correct and shows all the bumper screw locations. Those with OEM HID and faulty HID ballasts also need to remove bumper to access HID ballasts.

Back