Mirror Vibration fixed by UPDATED Mirrors DESIGN!! WHOSE DON'T IT

If Mazda corporate authorizes the repair, what about the passenger side? Even though it does not vibrate, it will now look different compared to the driver's side. Will Mazda cover this replacement too? I find that hard to believe...

They replace the guts of the mirror? That's it?
In o TSB document, I have seen some kind of brackets, that are installed in the door, to support the mirror assembly.
There is a big cross bracket and another much smaller bracket thzt actually goes from this big bracket, to the three mounting bolts of the mirror.
If they don't do this, I may have to look into it and most likely, I will have to do this myself.

They replace the guts of the mirror? That's it?
In o TSB document, I have seen some kind of brackets, that are installed in the door, to support the mirror assembly.
There is a big cross bracket and another much smaller bracket thzt actually goes from this big bracket, to the three mounting bolts of the mirror.
If they don't do this, I may have to look into it and most likely, I will have to do this myself.

I have seen this TSB with what you described...but as far as I know, they only replaced the guts in the mirror housing and nothing in the door.

I had both mirrors replaced under warranty. I have a 2014 and the dealership called Mazda corporate and got the approval to replace them. They did replace both sides. The dealership did joke with me about only replacing one of the mirrors. I did however have to play the game. I first had to have them do the original TSB and try to repair the old style driver side mirror. I then went back in after testing to see if it was fixed and they confirmed it was not fixed and that is when they called Mazda. I don't know if it was a new TSB or not. The paper work the dealership gave me stated the original TSB #. I would call corporate Mazda if your local dealership is giving you the run around.

I had both mirrors replaced under warranty. I have a 2014 and the dealership called Mazda corporate and got the approval to replace them. They did replace both sides. The dealership did joke with me about only replacing one of the mirrors. I did however have to play the game. I first had to have them do the original TSB and try to repair the old style driver side mirror. I then went back in after testing to see if it was fixed and they confirmed it was not fixed and that is when they called Mazda. I don't know if it was a new TSB or not. The paper work the dealership gave me stated the original TSB #. I would call corporate Mazda if your local dealership is giving you the run around.

I tried two dealers and both wouldn't do anything more sadly. I'm nearly at the end of my warranty (34k miles) and when I had switched out my mirror caps to black ones at one point I broke a tab on the housing. If they wanted to they could claim that me messing with my mirror caused the vibration and refuse to cover the fix, though we all know that's not the case. It's just less hassle and time for me to do it myself since I've been fighting over this since I got my car.

Anyways, thought I'd give an update. I replaced my drivers mirror with the 2015 tonight. Took me maybe all of 15 minutes to do the actual assembly of the new mirror and the swap. The longest part was the 20 minutes I spent trying to pry the plastic clips that hold the door card on out of the door after removing the panel. Took it for a test drive and even though it's nighttime I can tell it's massively improved compared to the old mirrors. If it still vibrates at all, it's extremely slight, and not the massive shaking my old mirror did. I took it all the way up to 80 with no issues at all. I'll say after holding both assemblies in my hands off the car, the new style is much much sturdier in all regards. Even the mirror itself took a large amount of force to snap into place. I also noticed the bolts used to hold the mirror to the car were around 2x longer then the ones used for the old style:

(new ones on the left)
4FqlnEU.jpg

So now that I've confirmed it's fixed I'll be placing the order for the passenger side mirror and hopefully replacing it this weekend. I'll make a writeup on it for anyone that's interested in doing the same.

I tried two dealers and both wouldn't do anything more sadly. I'm nearly at the end of my warranty (34k miles) and when I had switched out my mirror caps to black ones at one point I broke a tab on the housing. If they wanted to they could claim that me messing with my mirror caused the vibration and refuse to cover the fix, though we all know that's not the case. It's just less hassle and time for me to do it myself since I've been fighting over this since I got my car.

Anyways, thought I'd give an update. I replaced my drivers mirror with the 2015 tonight. Took me maybe all of 15 minutes to do the actual assembly of the new mirror and the swap. The longest part was the 20 minutes I spent trying to pry the plastic clips that hold the door card on out of the door after removing the panel. Took it for a test drive and even though it's nighttime I can tell it's massively improved compared to the old mirrors. If it still vibrates at all, it's extremely slight, and not the massive shaking my old mirror did. I took it all the way up to 80 with no issues at all. I'll say after holding both assemblies in my hands off the car, the new style is much much sturdier in all regards. Even the mirror itself took a large amount of force to snap into place. I also noticed the bolts used to hold the mirror to the car were around 2x longer then the ones used for the old style:

(new ones on the left)
4FqlnEU.jpg

So now that I've confirmed it's fixed I'll be placing the order for the passenger side mirror and hopefully replacing it this weekend. I'll make a writeup on it for anyone that's interested in doing the same.
Could u tell amy difference in noise? Wind noise...still there but less obtrusive on ears?

Could u tell amy difference in noise? Wind noise...still there but less obtrusive on ears?

It might be slightly quieter, but it's hard to say as most of the noise is from the wheels. It's definitely not any louder though. Even if it was, I'd gladly take that tradeoff so I didn't have to put up with the vibration.

It might be slightly quieter, but it's hard to say as most of the noise is from the wheels. It's definitely not any louder though. Even if it was, I'd gladly take that tradeoff so I didn't have to put up with the vibration.

You can quieten down the wheel noise from the back by placing thick foam under the spare tire area. Line the whole area.
Also you can quieten it down the "Luxury liner Pro" from second skin. Cut pieces and place under front carpet. YOu don't have to glue it. It is heavy enough to stay in place. Then place 3m Acoustically insulation - available on amazon. on top of the Luxury Liner Pro to absorb additional tire noise. Also, Line interior panels with 3m. Finally take the front fender wheel down and mount Luxury Liner Pro above the wheel well liners. That's most of what I have done so far and as help greatly with noise. That's the reason I hear so much more wind noise. That is the reason I am contemplating putting new mirrors on.

Back