MikeLikesMazda heads for boost!

yup... the red one... looks sweet... what kinda turbo is he running to need an IC that size??

im pretty sure its just a stock SR20DET. he was gonna buy the turbo i had for sale but we checked and its the same one he already has.

and i dont think i know anyone named travis with a cobalt. but i could be wrong lol

intercooler and intake. just got here. pics updated in first post. i'm still looking for a manifold, gauges, and some form of engine management. im hoping to have everything ready for install in 2 weeks.

funny you should ask, i just got the manifold and ecu today. i intsalled the ecu already lol. with my next check im getting the oil lines and gauges. then its time for install B)

sorry i havent been updating this lately. but im glad to announce that the install is under way! after running into a few problems with the wastegate clearing the trans, rusted screws, and a missing part, everything is going good. i now have until monday to do everything due to the fact that the part i need is being shipped from pennsylvania. my progress expectations were not completely met, but i think we made a pretty big dent in the work that needed to be done. the oil pan has been dropped and tapped, front bumper has been removed, turbo is bolted to the manifold and the wastegate issue resolved. most of today was prep work and running around to different places. tomorrow is looking to be work work work, but i was planning on that anyways ;)

right now im just running a flashed msp ecu. later i might look into a ssftc or maybe a unichip. right now i have no money though lol.

I'm sure you already know, but be very careful man. Running an un-tuned ECU may cause more grief than good. We don't want you blowing your 2nd motor..

Back