MikeLikesMazda heads for boost!

:
2003 Mazda Protege
So I've been going back and forth for a long time as to whether I should boost my car or not, but just recently I decided to go for it, and what better way to keep track of it then a project log? So far I have about half of the kit already done. All thats left to buy is an intercooler, manifold, and some misc. oil lines and fittings. Yesterday I recieved my CS s and j-pipes. Today the turbo should be here (GT28r), and i have a new Greddy Type-RS coming in the beginning of next week. so enough of the talking and onto the pics :)

0911090950.jpg

turbo just arrived, BOV should be here thursday
0912091017.jpg

my noise maker arrived today! :)
0917091653.jpg

well, i finally got the potato (complete with oil and water fittings) :D
IMG00038-20091008-0956.jpg

INTARCOOLARZ!
IMG00049-20091023-1806.jpg

I will be updating this thread as parts arrive or if any new developments occur. Thanks for looking! (rockon)

Last edited:
good choice starting out big lol. eecmm next year? if so, cant wait to see it

Gotta sub and see this thing come together...brings a tear to my eye LOL. Glad to see you're throwing the ole' spinning snail on the Protege Mike.

i found out that the turbo i bought just so happened to be one with a "compact" exhaust housing. the stud pattern is off by alot. so, instead of finding the right flange and chopping up my downpipe, ive decided to sell it and put that money towards a manifold. then later on towards the end of my build i plan on picking up a gt28rs or something along those lines

im excited. also, if anyone finds parts i need for sale, shoot me a pm. im still looking for a manifold and intercooler

You check out twisfm's turbo part out?

Dubbydoo's part out thread has a fmic for 60. I was going to so I could route my piping better but mine works for now.

If you can't get ahold of a mani. I've got the stocker that I might be willing to let go. No cracks in it. Helps that you're local too! LMK. Oh, congrats on getting the boost going!

Back