MegaSquirt....FS-ZE with FS-DE ECU running everything but fuel and spark?????

Quiksilverly

Premier Сasual Dating - Real Women
:
Usa
Hey guys,

I feel like I'm trying to lure the MS (Megasquirt) protege guys of the past out to play but does anyone here with MS use it on a true ZE engine? What would the MS have to control to get full 160-170hp out of the engine? I currently have the stock DE ECU only and I know it will run the engine but.....What are some other issues people have running the ZE on the DE ECU besides having to switch over sensors and pulley etc.? I'm am looking at having to get the engine running on this DE ECU and then turning over command of the fuel/spark and whatever else the MS can run that the DE ECU falls short on. It's a weird question I know but when I think about running a 160-170hp engine with different cams and pistons etc. on the DE ECU and getting like 120hp I want to vomit lol. Is it worth the extra 800-1000 for MS?...to me the alternative is get an MP3 ECU or reflash, getting an original ZE ecu and doing way more wiring than I would installing an MS ECU, or just running it on my stock DE ECU that thinks it's a failure all day. I can't live with that....and I already own the engine....and a new clutch...and already swapped the oil pan adapter to the new engine....and a long list of other things that have ,by a reasonable persons standard, committed me to this project. Any input would be appreciated and I hope my questions thus far have shown that I've gleaned quite a bit of info from this forum already and that I am looking for the final few hints to get this whole thing underway with a real game plan. Hit me back guys.

Last edited:
Sorry for the Audi A8L in the avatar lol...I don't have any good picks of the P5 yet...I've only been doing custom work on the A8 and my MR2 turbo project so I'll get a nice pick of the P5 once I get some good pics of it.

You might check with the Miata forums. They run a lot of aftermarket ECUs and the management system is pretty similar to the P5.

Back