Megan Racing Springs

josh1581

Has anybody gotten these?

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I'm coming up on needing to do the shocks and would like to improve my suspension performance. Something makes it more repsonsive, but still rides nice. I have a feeling this is a matter of getting what you pay for, but I'd rather not pony up for the extra $100 to look at the H&R springs.

If people have these or the H&R, what shocks/struts have you paired them up with?

You'll get what you paid for. I had these in my Corolla and they were STIFF. Handling wise it's on par with H&Rs, but ride quality is not there.

So you spend $100 for handling with both, and then H&R tacks on another $100 for OE like ride quality.

That's what I was afraid of.

I'm also not liking my limitations on shock/strut choices. What are people take on the KYB's? I already changed the rear with Monroe OE spectrum and those are gargbage, they were barely better than the blown OEM shocks. I'm glad Amazon is a customer friendly company.

I noticed they have spring rates listed, anyone know what the OEM rates are? I'm sure they'd be fine paired with koni yellows. KYB's are not going to be as good with a performance spring. They are meant to be OEM replacement (unless you're talking about agx's, and even those don't compare to the konis).

I love them. I have Tein's on the MPV and I would say that on the 5 with Megans it rides MUCH better. Still soft although harder than stock. Makes the little van feel like a car. Easy install. New install with new shocks/struts.

I'll be putting Megan springs on my 08 Sport soon. I'm mating them to OE speed3 shocks/struts. The Megans will give the 5 the drop I want and from the few first hand reports like bracedeunos' that I've seen they don't make the ride too stiff. This was important to me being my daily but hauling the whole fam from time to time.

Here is after the drop.

IMG_2445_zpsa8f7a475.jpg

IMG_2444_zps3dacb746.jpg

Looks good! Especially with the RX8 wheels. Did you do any other suspension mods?

Bracedeunos, what size tire are you running on those wheels? Looks like maybe 225/45 or 235/45. Do you have any rubbing with the lowered stance? I acquired a set of RX8 wheels and am debating the tire size. I really like how your setup looks.

So I know I'll probably get some lip out of this but here it goes...

So after having my MR springs on for a mere 5 days I decided that the lowered life it's just not for me anymore. The set up felt very nice and smooth and not harsh at all but I quickly got annoyed about having to drive more slowly and carefully over everything so I just decided to go back to stock and I simply just like it better. I love the stance and looks with the MR springs but I hate having to be mindful all the time plus my wife drives my MZ5 from time to time and I can just see her taking out the front bumper or high centering some where. Anyway, I've got the MR springs for sale if anyone is interested.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/classifieds.php?p[mshow]=listing&p[id]=mazda5-2006-2014-megan-racing-lowering-springs-39706

So after having my MR springs on for a mere 5 days I decided that the lowered life it's just not for me anymore. The set up felt very nice and smooth and not harsh at all but I quickly got annoyed about having to drive more slowly and carefully over everything so I just decided to go back to stock and I simply just like it better. I love the stance and looks with the MR springs but I hate having to be mindful all the time plus my wife drives my MZ5 from time to time and I can just see her taking out the front bumper or high centering some where. Anyway, I've got the MR springs for sale if anyone is interested.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/classifieds.php?p[mshow]=listing&p[id]=mazda5-2006-2014-megan-racing-lowering-springs-39706
Well that’s b/c you’ve grown-up to the full CO life (or air) :D

No lip service here, different times call for different needs. But this furthers the notion why Mz5 has no support.

Davicho, you're not going to get any lip from me. One option available to you, if you're looking to upgrade your suspension yet keep the stock ride height, is to sell your MR springs and buy a set of Koni FSD front struts and rear shocks. You can find them via various links on this forum for under $600 for the set. That's absolutely what I want to do with my 2012 Mazda5 once I suspect the suspension is too worn.

Davicho, you're not going to get any lip from me. One option available to you, if you're looking to upgrade your suspension yet keep the stock ride height, is to sell your MR springs and buy a set of Koni FSD front struts and rear shocks. You can find them via various links on this forum for under $600 for the set. That's absolutely what I want to do with my 2012 Mazda5 once I suspect the suspension is too worn.

Thanks. I'll definitely look into those once I need to replace my struts up front.

Bracedeunos, what size tire are you running on those wheels? Looks like maybe 225/45 or 235/45. Do you have any rubbing with the lowered stance? I acquired a set of RX8 wheels and am debating the tire size. I really like how your setup looks.

235/45/18. Fits good. I had to space the fender well area a couple mm in but no rubbing.

Back