Megan Racing Springs

Davicho, you're not going to get any lip from me. One option available to you, if you're looking to upgrade your suspension yet keep the stock ride height, is to sell your MR springs and buy a set of Koni FSD front struts and rear shocks. You can find them via various links on this forum for under $600 for the set. That's absolutely what I want to do with my 2012 Mazda5 once I suspect the suspension is too worn.

+1. No lip from me, and I would also recommend Konis (yellows IMO, but FSD are OK too) on stock springs for what you seem to want.

I would be way more likely to give you grief if you suffer through harsh ride, damaged the undercarriage, and worried about your wife ripping the bumper off just to look cool (stanced as the kids are saying these days, lol)

Ok, so after a couple of weeks of running the Megan's I can say that I am very pleased with their performance. Definitely stiffer than stock but not overly harsh. Handling is greatly improved, some of which can be attributed to the Tri-Point Engineering rear sway bar installed at the same time as the springs. The whole family has ridden in it several times and I've had no complaints about rough ride. The Megan's leave enough suspension travel in the rear to keep the ride softer for rear passengers. The springs did take a few days to really settle in, those first days I was a bit concerned they were going to be too harsh. They softened up though and I'm very happy with the ride and handling of my sport van.

Below are my ride height measurements as requested by a fellow member:

Mazda RX8 18" wheels = 19.56 " (496.89 mm)
L/F 13.73 (343.7 mm) // R/F 13.61 (340.5 mm)
L/R 14.48 (362.8 mm) // R/R 14.48 (362.8 mm)

Ok, so after a couple of weeks of running the Megan's I can say that I am very pleased with their performance. Definitely stiffer than stock but not overly harsh. Handling is greatly improved, some of which can be attributed to the Tri-Point Engineering rear sway bar installed at the same time as the springs. The whole family has ridden in it several times and I've had no complaints about rough ride. The Megan's leave enough suspension travel in the rear to keep the ride softer for rear passengers. The springs did take a few days to really settle in, those first days I was a bit concerned they were going to be too harsh. They softened up though and I'm very happy with the ride and handling of my sport van.

Below are my ride height measurements as requested by a fellow member:

Mazda RX8 18" wheels = 19.56 " (496.89 mm)
L/F 13.73 (343.7 mm) // R/F 13.61 (340.5 mm)
L/R 14.48 (362.8 mm) // R/R 14.48 (362.8 mm)

thanks for the measurements! sounds like the ride height is just about right.

You're welcome njaremka. I will most likely recheck my ride height measurements again in a few months. I want to keep an eye on that difference between the fronts. I will update the numbers when I do.

Back