mazdaspeed3 (headers)

MidnightMS3

:
2008 Mazdaspeed3
Hey guys ive had my speed3 for a while now, and i just start it to put some work into it. I recently put on a RacingBeat Exhaust System on! Which it sounds great by the way. I was just wondering if you guys can help me with the headers option, which one is the best one for my speed 3 everything on my engine is stock. I need help choosing the right one. (Please Help) thank you guys!!

IIRC, Racing Beat only offers a cat back system (5). Are you looking for a downpipe to replace 3 & 4, or do you mean an exhaust manifold (1)?

MS3 Ex Diag.jpg

Last edited:
Disagree. An exhaust manifold is an absolute waste with stock DP and midpipe still in place. Lipstick on a pig. He needs to address the serious restrictions between his stock manifold and his CBE.

It is easy to outflow the maximum output of the stock K04 turbo by adding a good catless or high flow catted 3" DP and straight racepipe. Upgraded exhaust manifold on stock turbo and stock dp and low flow cats makes no sense. Heck, with my mods I'm hitting the upper power limit of that turbo without an aftermarket manifold. And installing it is not an easy task.

Have you upgraded the downpipe and replaced the midpipe? If you are 3" all the way from the turbo, you have a turbo back exhaust, rather than a cat back. What are your current mods?

I just start it wrkn on it! And well all i have now is a racing beat catback! After i boight the turbo manifold i was going to buy the down pipe!

Full Race - $887
CP-e - $899
AFI Turbo - $899

Any of those will work, provided you choose the stock flange option. None of them will provide as much bang for your buck as a downpipe and a tuning solution (AccessPort or Hypertech). You'll want to swap your fuel pump internals prior to uncorking the downpipe.

OP: Thats a lot of money for a marginal return on investment. Few knowledgeable MS3 owners, even on fully bolted and tuned cars, are running aftermarket exhaust manifolds. I think you have your power mod priorities messed up. Most people do not consider that mod until they go big turbo.

Get a good intake, CAI or SRI. Get a good downpipe/racepipe combo with a tune and fuel pump internals upgrade. Address the flow issues where they actually are, not where you think they are. The flow problems are the stock airbox and the stock dp and midpipe with their low flow cats, NOT the manifold or even the stock CBE, which actually flows quite well.

You are approaching power building all wrong for this engine. Do some research on this engine. You need to do a lot of reading and study. And maybe listen to those of us who have modded, raced, dynoed, and lived with this platform for years.

Or you can waste your money, time, and blow your engine.

Thank you guys alot! Im trying to do everything the right way! Thats why im trynna post threads to help me and ask ppl who have knowledge. I think turbo should be the very last thing, tht way u get everything ready when u want to go big turbo! And i consider my self a new speed3 owner just got it couple months ago! So im trying to do everything the right way!

Back