MazdaSpeed Pedals?

Blue_Bullett

:
Mazda, Protege 5
Anyone out there seen MadzaSpeed pedals for the Protege5? I was looking around on eBay last night and found some that say MazdaSpeed on them and are drilled. Are these real or are they just cheap knockoffs?
Thanks

Blue_Bullett said:
Anyone out there seen MadzaSpeed pedals for the Protege5? I was looking around on eBay last night and found some that say MazdaSpeed on them and are drilled. Are these real or are they just cheap knockoffs?
Thanks

they most likely are. get the link and post it... we'll be able to tell you in a second.

I bought my pedals from the dealership. They were trying to get $135.00 for them, but think God they had been sitting there for a while so they sold them to me for $37.50. They had lost the screws or whatever. So I got some flush mounted titanium bolts. They are the kind that you have to use an Allen wrench on the back side where the threads are to tighten it. ( I hope you know what I'm talking about ). They are used on aircrafts. Something to look for, the gas pedal will be cut the same as the stock pedal. If I knew how to post pics I would show you but, Im still new to the posting thing.

You have to drill, but they fit fine. Lurk the for sale section long enough and a set'll show up for 50 buck or so. That's how I got my MP3 pedals. :)

If these are them, they're fake.
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Here's the ones on my car.
mp3_int_mazdaspeed.jpg

The "new" style. They said Sparco on 'em, but in '03.5(IIRC) they changed them to say "Mazdaspeed" on them. Same pedal though.
MazdaSpeedProtege-pedals.jpg

Anyone wants the gas and clutch pedals, I have them. Tried to buy all 3 from a junkyard and they lost the brake pedal while packing the shipment, and haven't found one since. :p So, I just got some other replacements pedals this week instead.

I gotta nice pair from just a reg auto parts store, RS Strauss, and they cover your original ones with the allen wrench bolt. They look and work great, except when your foot is wet, it slides right off the clutch. Make for a interesting take off when chicks are around and u hard stall it. I got the ones that cover cause if inspection fails me for them i can just take them off.

I'd doubt your state inspection would fail you for pedal covers.

The original MSP pedals (top pic in Natey's post) are nice, but very slippery with wet feet. They work great when it's dry with a pair of hikers, or anything with an aggressive sole. But then again, the stock rubber pads were slippery too.

I got mine when LaMP3 parted out his car. Think I paid $50 for them...much better than the a$$reaming from the dealer.

What?

mcstark said:
The original MSP pedals (top pic in Natey's post) are nice, but very slippery with wet feet. They work great when it's dry with a pair of hikers, or anything with an aggressive sole. But then again, the stock rubber pads were slippery too.

Okay, I am confused. How many different types of pedals came on MazdaSpeed Proteges? From everyone's posts it sounds like 3 types.

1)
mp3_int_mazdaspeed.jpg

2)

3) Same as above except the say "Mazdaspeed" instead of sparco.

If that's the case then which ones came on the 2003.5 MSP? Also, number 1 looks like it's a complete metal pedal, where number 2 & 3 look like they are screwed on to the plastic stock pedals (ie, just covers), and have a little bit of rubber to help the sliding? Is that right?

Katya4me said:
Anyone wants the gas and clutch pedals, I have them. Tried to buy all 3 from a junkyard and they lost the brake pedal while packing the shipment, and haven't found one since. So, I just got some other replacements pedals this week instead.

What style of pedals are yours? If they are the newest Mazdaspeed version I will take them off you!

Thanks in advance for any clarification!

blizzard said:
Okay, I am confused. How many different types of pedals came on MazdaSpeed Proteges? From everyone's posts it sounds like 3 types.

1)
mp3_int_mazdaspeed.jpg

2)

3) Same as above except the say "Mazdaspeed" instead of sparco.

If that's the case then which ones came on the 2003.5 MSP? Also, number 1 looks like it's a complete metal pedal, where number 2 & 3 look like they are screwed on to the plastic stock pedals (ie, just covers), and have a little bit of rubber to help the sliding? Is that right?

OK, #1 is what was offered on the MP3, from what I understand. #2, the Sparco pedals were offered on the 2003 MSP and the Mazdaspeed pedals were on the 2003.5 MSP. The MSP pedals are all metal w/ rubber inserts and are very nice.

blizzard said:
What style of pedals are yours? If they are the newest Mazdaspeed version I will take them off you!

Thanks in advance for any clarification!

My pedals say Sparco, like the ones in the pic. I liked that look better than Mazdaspeed on the pedals. If you like I can send you a pic of them. PM me if you are interested.

mcstark said:
I'd doubt your state inspection would fail you for pedal covers.

actually they do. i had a set of razo lightweight aluminum set on and the gas pedal is a brushed aluminum piece with 3 shallow lateral groves. so the inspection station decided to fail me for having no foot grip in my pedals. haha. they also failed me for having too loud of an exhaust. it is a fricking mazdaspeed! it's stock OEM!!!! took off the pedal covers n had a few with with the station manager n he let me passed the inspection. so just watch out those situations, which is pretty much the only case they get to nail u for pedal covers.

If you look at the mazdaspeed catalog they list 2 different part numbers for pedal covers. One number I confirmed is the set available from www.mazdastuff.com, but the other one has no picture and I have no idea what they look like. My assumption is that they are the 03.5 pedals. If anyone could post a pic of those out of there MSP that would be great and might help to clear up the confusion.

archangel571 said:
actually they do. i had a set of razo lightweight aluminum set on and the gas pedal is a brushed aluminum piece with 3 shallow lateral groves. so the inspection station decided to fail me for having no foot grip in my pedals. haha. they also failed me for having too loud of an exhaust. it is a fricking mazdaspeed! it's stock OEM!!!! took off the pedal covers n had a few with with the station manager n he let me passed the inspection. so just watch out those situations, which is pretty much the only case they get to nail u for pedal covers.

Yea, but you live in New Jersey, they don't even trust you to pump your own gas up there. :p

highrollinpro said:
If you look at the mazdaspeed catalog they list 2 different part numbers for pedal covers. One number I confirmed is the set available from www.mazdastuff.com, but the other one has no picture and I have no idea what they look like. My assumption is that they are the 03.5 pedals. If anyone could post a pic of those out of there MSP that would be great and might help to clear up the confusion.

Thanks for all of your help but these are the ones that I saw on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Do a cut and paste for it because I forgot how to create a link (braindead

Fake. Kinda cool looking, though, and who cares about whether the logo is "real" or not. :)

Back