Mazdas at The Mitty!

THE Phen

:
2013 Abarth, 2004 MSM - FM, '74 BMW Bavaria, 97 Civic EX B18C1
Hey everyone. Classic Motorsports puts on an event every year called The Mitty at Road Atlanta. This year's featured Marque is Mazda. Let's see how big of a following we can get there. They would like to have the longest train of Mazdas on a parade lap around the track ever!

Please see the official event poster below. Who is interested??

Mitty-small-for-web_.jpg

im game... count me in

ill start the list
1. SATimko
2. thejeans
3. imjustagirl
4. o0n8
5. Shadow102
6. Lewis7789
7. Perro del Sol
8. Coppertone
9. eprx7
10. sok07
11. subspeed6

Last edited:
Hmmmm... wonder if I could get down there for it this year? I've missed the Mitty.

For those that have never been, it's awesome! Great, laid-back event. Lots of short races with different classes running all day. Amazing, beautiful, classic race cars, being driven HARD as they were meant to be! It's like going to a museum and having a race break out! There's also an infield vendor area with very cool stuff. In years past, GRM has had a mini-autocross course in the infield where you could drive Lotus Elises or Mini's, etc. Paddock access, parade laps and faster "touring" laps on a GREAT track. Really just an unbeatable vintage racing experience.

My pictures from years past: 2006, 2007.

If you can, you should GO!!

Last edited:
Ok. I should really add a signup list to the first post... LOL.

It's my b-day weekend so I'm going.

Last edited:
Just a heads up folks, We are looking to have the longest continuous line of Mazda's on the Road Atlanta Track! there will be a MX-5 auto-x, Dempsey Racing RX-8's, the first ever production RX-7 to come off the line and all of the other classic Mazda race cars. Patrick Dempsey will be driving the LeMans winning car as well. There's a lot going on that weekend, we want to get as many cars as possible at this event, since it is for us Mazda owners! We will keep you updated with a full schedule of events as they are sent to me.

Add us to the list: Perro del Sol & Coppertone and eprx7

In.

1. SATimko
2. theheans
3. imjustagirl
4. o0n8
5. Shadow102
6. Lewis7789

me! Driving the MG BGT to put in the MG car corral and my little bro will be piloting the Mazdaspeed3 down there so I can join you guys for the Mazda festivities.

1. SATimko
2. theheans
3. imjustagirl
4. o0n8
5. Shadow102
6. Lewis7789
7. Perro del Sol
8. Coppertone
9. eprx7
10. sok07

Just to add fuel to the fire...a challenge has been issued, Rotaries vs MX-5's Miata Challenge...who will have the cars? Special prizes will be handed out to the winners of this one....I have thought on who will win, but I'll keep them to myself. Phen add Chris to the list please.

1. SATimko
2. theheans
3. imjustagirl
4. o0n8
5. Shadow102
6. Lewis7789
7. Perro del Sol
8. Coppertone
9. eprx7
10. sok07
11. subspeed6

1. SATimko
2. thejeans
3. imjustagirl
4. o0n8
5. Shadow102
6. Lewis7789
7. Perro del Sol
8. Coppertone
9. eprx7
10. sok07
11. subspeed6
12. chiefmg

Fixed Levi's name for him.

Subbing for more info.

Just a heads up folks, We are looking to have the longest continuous line of Mazda's on the Road Atlanta Track! there will be a MX-5 auto-x, Dempsey Racing RX-8's, the first ever production RX-7 to come off the line and all of the other classic Mazda race cars. Patrick Dempsey will be driving the LeMans winning car as well. There's a lot going on that weekend, we want to get as many cars as possible at this event, since it is for us Mazda owners! We will keep you updated with a full schedule of events as they are sent to me. There is a Party for MAzda ownersonly, with free beer and food, Mazdaspeed reps and more..

I plan on going and will be camping inside all weekend, camping Section B. The gates open at 5pm on Thursday so I would like to be there in line well before that to get a good camping spot. Count me in but not to help with parking.

Latest posts

Back