Mazda6 Commander Switch

Zeal Red

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 GT w/Tech PKG JBM
I have a CX5 that I am trying to retro fit the commander switch that is found in the 6. If any of you feel adventurous I would like to see pictures of the connecters on the back of the screen and with it unplugged. Also, a picture of the bottom of the commander switch. Thanks for your help in advance!

I'd say talk to shops that deal with electronics installations, or talk to dealers. New owners aren't likely to do any of this.

Dealers will be no help, if an owner is not going to pop some panels, dealers will be much less willing to do that.

Crutchfield told me that the command switch can be made to work with any of their AVN units like Kenwood/Sony/Pioneer but that it requires a special wiring harness... There is a harness available for the Mazda 6 and it's likely the same as for the CX-5 since they use the same head unit. I'd call Crutchfield and I'm pretty sure they will set you straight... It's also possible to keep the steering wheel controls too.

Personally, I plan on swapping out the stock unit with a Kenwood... so many more features and much easier to use.

Take a look in the "How To" section, there's a series of pics showing disassembly of the commander switch to remove spilled coffee.

Personally, I plan on swapping out the stock unit with a Kenwood... so many more features and much easier to use.

How soon do you plan the swap? I would like to see a picture of the back of the stock display your taking out to make sure they are really the same.

There is a harness available for the Mazda 6 and it's likely the same as for the CX-5 since they use the same head unit. I'd call Crutchfield and I'm pretty sure they will set you straight... It's also possible to keep the steering wheel controls too.

Hi, Can anyone could confirm there is a stand alone harness available (price?) for the Commander Switch that works in Mazda 6, might give it a try to pair it with the rotary switch that I'm thinking to retro fit into my CX-5. Tq.

Hi, I Just Posted about fitting a Commander in my CX5 over in the CX5 Forum, Could someone tell me if the Commander Controls Volume ?

Back