Mazda5 Wheel Fitment & Photo Guide

I'll post up some better pics when I get a chance, hibern8r. The rubbing at full lock is gone, never had an issue during “spirited“ driving. I haven't had it loaded to go over large undulations in the road at high speed yet, which is where I would get slight rubbing on the right rear. I think with the slightly smaller sidewall and not quite as wide tire I will be fine.

Looks good! Can you please take a shot that shows how flush the tire is on the wheel? Have you had a chance to really push it in the turns or ride with your vehicle loaded with the new tires? Any rubbing at full lock? I'm a couple weeks out from mounting tires on my RX wheels. Still on the fence between 225 and 235, that's why I still haven't gotten them. I'm on H&R springs. Thanks!!!
Just to add and help with your decision. I am running the 1st gen MS3 wheels which are 18x7 with a 52.5 offset (if I am correct) and I am running a 225/45R18 tire which does rub at full lock and I am on OEM springs. Perhaps Loosenut doesn't rub with that wide of a tire due to the different offset of the RX8 wheel???

Looks good! Can you please take a shot that shows how flush the tire is on the wheel? Have you had a chance to really push it in the turns or ride with your vehicle loaded with the new tires? Any rubbing at full lock? I'm a couple weeks out from mounting tires on my RX wheels. Still on the fence between 225 and 235, that's why I still haven't gotten them. I'm on H&R springs. Thanks!!!
IMAG1033.jpg

3v6_NGu6-UVAhoMu0lPtb5Ptk2I9n5TiZ9FQeEf9Cig=w833-h615-no

I hope this is what you are looking for, if not let me know. If I'm still rubbing on the right rear with these tires I have a couple options. The fender lip could be rolled or I can add more negative camber to the rear as I have adjustable links installed. I don't know which I would prefer to do yet if that bridge has to be crossed.

Last edited:
Just to add and help with your decision. I am running the 1st gen MS3 wheels which are 18x7 with a 52.5 offset (if I am correct) and I am running a 225/45R18 tire which does rub at full lock and I am on OEM springs. Perhaps Loosenut doesn't rub with that wide of a tire due to the different offset of the RX8 wheel???

Davicho, I think you are right about the offset being different. IIRC, RX8 wheels are 18x8 with a 50 offset. Whenever I first installed them, I thought for sure they would be rubbing on the inside of the front outer fender but I have not had that happen at all. Styling aside, I think this size wheel is perfect for the 5, I'm assuming the fender distances didn't change with gen 2.

I hope this is what you are looking for, if not let me know. If I'm still rubbing on the right rear with these tires I have a couple options. The fender lip could be rolled or I can add more negative camber to the rear as I have adjustable links installed. I don't know which I would prefer to do yet if that bridge has to be crossed.

That's perfect thanks! You also answered my yet unasked question as to whether you were rubbing on the inside or outside. Your on Megan's right? I bought 5mm spacers to put on the rears but that looks flush enough for me. Don't want to risk rubbing the outside of the tire. Thanks again for the additional shots! It looks great!

Yeah, Megan racing. I was getting just a very slight rub on the outside of the tire. I have the rear camber set at -1.2 degree I think which may be considerably less neg camber than what you have. If my tire wear is good I may put some more negative camber on it just for handling purposes.

Last edited:
Thanks loosenut. I have to admit that I prefer your 18" RX8 wheels over my MS3 wheels but I do have to agree that the 1st gen MS3 wheels do look a heck of a lot better on the 2012+ MZ5 then they do on the 1st gen MS3s.

Thinking the same

OO ||| OO + O w O +

here's my 09 with the speed 3 wheels ur looking to do. the fact that they fit on a previous gen 5 should mean there's a very good chance they'll fit on urs. I'm dropped on BC coils with no rub

Just a the picture I needed to see

enymeju7.jpg

And switch my wheels to those

OO ||| OO + O w O +

I was able to confirm over the weekend that the locations I was most likely to get rubbing did not cause rubbing with the new tires. Vehicle was loaded same as before (kids and gear) going over same patches of road at the same speed and no contact. I'm happy with that. I think it was really the sidewall height that mattered most as my new tires were not that much narrower than the old ones but the sidewall is noticeably shorter.

Thanks for the update loosenut! You have now given the people a viable option with the 235/40-18 sized tire on the RX8 wheel. I for one, appreciate it!

If I would have had more guts I would have gotten 245/40 again and just cambered the rear tires more. I think it was most likely the Falken's that were mounted previously but at times the road had more control over the direction of the car than I did. Uneven surfaces could be tricky but the new tires don't exhibit that at all. It tracks much better over uneven surfaces. So far I'm still very happy with the nitto' s.

Looks good in white with those wheels.
interesting LED option on the headlight.
Removed mazda logo on the back gate is kinda lame :)

LED removed - not pretty. LEDs installed in the standard locations.

No logo do not like, will soon be made ​​by DAMD spoiler

I am tracking this...sweet! Maybe too low for the family ride...I need it to be a smiggen higher...dirt roads (yes)

I live outside the city. Very bad dirt roads, we have to drive carefully, but when traveling on the highway ..... Mmmm ... Just a song!
And soon I'll do a complete change in the suspension - sport racks and springs, polyurethane bushings, and the car will be even lower

I happened across this set of 18x8.5 +48 5zigen GN+Proracer's. thinking of wrapping them with 215/45/18 Nitto Neogen's?

F1CFA69F-06B3-421B-B261-37DCD7BFCC7D_zpswvtdhkbq.jpg

Last edited:
Back