Mazda5 2006 - Engine light not turning on...

Hi,

I know most of the people have the opposite issue and would like to turn their engine light off but I want mine on, at least when I switch on the ignition. :p

I bought my car a few years ago and realized after a few weeks that my engine light wasn't on. I suspected the seller to have done something because I bought a small OBD2 reader and one of the sensor had an issue and would have turn the engine light one (cost me $15 to fix it)...I didn't know at first but my car had a lot of deficiencies like sway bar missing...I basicaly get screed up..anyway

It's a bit annoying as if something happen I won't really know. I don't know if there is a way of making it back on. Not sure it it's link with a fuse or he removed the dashboard and unplugged it.

1642280373499.png

If anyone has an idea.

Thanks

Last edited:
The CEL should be an LED on the circuit board, so you can't just easily "pull the bulb"

I would start by pulling the instrument cluster out, and checking to see if its been tampered with at all...

To be honest it wasn't too bad without the sway bar, I have been in the mountain and drive quite a lot before going underneath my car to change the oil and realizing what was missing...:unsure:

Sounds good so I will try to remove the instrument cluster and have a look.

Thanks guys I will keep you in the loop when I find the issue 🙏

Back