Mazda5 2006 - Code 19 airbag

Hi,

I have an airbag code 19 on the dashboard...

I don't have a reader for the code so I'm looking for the procedure to find out if its the the clockspring or the module to air bag wiring or something else.

I found it a year ago but can't find it anymore.

Thanks a lot

Last edited:
Could be all of that. Code 19 is just a code saying there is a circuit failure. You'll need to check the wiring, clockspring and air bag.

Question; Will a Mazda3 Clockspring work in a 2008 Mazda5?

Dash shows Code19 and my OBD2 tool shows B2232 Airbag Circuit Open - Loop#2 Front Driver Side
and
B1318 Low Battery Voltage

Horn doesn't work now but always sounded weak ever since I bought the car a year ago

Mazda5 springs cost 5x more the Mazda3 springs. 20$ sounds alot nicer than 100$

Dash shows Code19 and my OBD2 tool shows B2232 Airbag Circuit Open - Loop#2 Front Driver Side
and
B1318 Low Battery Voltage

Horn doesn't work now but always sounded weak ever since I bought the car a year ago

Mazda5 springs cost 5x more the Mazda3 springs. 20$ sounds alot nicer than 100$
They have different part codes and the compatibility stated is different.
I usually use this site for reference, see Mazda 5 clock spring, Mazda 3 clock spring.
However, they look the same on the diagram. Also, if you search youtube on "clock spring replacement mazda 3 mazda 5 mazda 6", you might notice that they akchually look the same.
So, at least, I'd give it a try.
Are you planning to source it from a junkyard or buy new?

Last edited:
Are you planning to source it from a junkyard or buy new?
Thanks for the reply.
I see new 23$ Mazda3 ones online. I did note the part number differences. Steering wheel looks to be the identical too, used Google image search since i don't know anyone with a 3. same buttons in the same places. Good enough for me to roll the dice on a 20$ part just thought id ask first.

I am going to swap a 2015 Fusion engine and that certainly wasn't made for it either, is Mazda going to draw the line at the clockspring? Lol

Follow-up; Its a success! I used an eBay clockspring for a Mazda3 (BP4K-66-CS0) inplace of (CC43-66-CS0) and my Code19 was fixed!
I turned the engine on and off a couple times to cycle the SRS check the car does and nothing.

My horn going out was because of a fuse going bad, I fixed that before the clockspring even arrived in the mail

Back