Mazda3 8" Stealth Box

Stealth box?

Is that like a Klingon/Romulan Cloaking device?

Cuz that'd be sweet. (thumb)

goldwing2000 said:
Stealth box?

Is that like a Klingon/Romulan Cloaking device?

Cuz that'd be sweet. (thumb)

(lol)(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

I have no idea what that is either, but if it helps me get past the Borg, I'm all for it. (J/K)

The 'Stealth Box' Looks cool. I would just be concerned whether or not it voids warranties of any kind. I would guess that it would for a leased car. But if you own it, it may void your beginning warranty.

(sorry for the joke, just thought the comment was too funny)

SUSmalls said:
The 'Stealth Box' Looks cool. I would just be concerned whether or not it voids warranties of any kind. I would guess that it would for a leased car. But if you own it, it may void your beginning warranty.

(sorry for the joke, just thought the comment was too funny)

HI,

Why would putting a Stealth Box (which means a subwoofer box you can't even see) in your car void ANY warranty at all. If that were the case it wouldn't be worth it to buy a Mazda. I did a whole box with two twelves in the wheel well of my Mazda 3, did a custom amp rack right behind the rear seats with plexi glass and three amps, customized my dashboard with an alpine 3342 EQ where the airbaig light and the cigarrete lighter used to be, and ran 0 guage wire back to my amps. IT LOOKS SWEET. I took it back to the dealer and showed it to them, not only did it not void the warranty, they were so happy they wanted to show the car in the showroom for the weekend and gave me a free MP3 player upgrade for my car. Nothing that you do to your interior can void the warranty of your car except to the modified part (interiors don't have a real warranty anyway because of the wear and tear factor). If you rip the fabric of your seats, just because it's a new car dosen't mean your getting a new seat.

yac2727 said:
HI,

Why would putting a Stealth Box (which means a subwoofer box you can't even see) in your car void ANY warranty at all. If that were the case it wouldn't be worth it to buy a Mazda. I did a whole box with two twelves in the wheel well of my Mazda 3, did a custom amp rack right behind the rear seats with plexi glass and three amps, customized my dashboard with an alpine 3342 EQ where the airbaig light and the cigarrete lighter used to be, and ran 0 guage wire back to my amps. IT LOOKS SWEET. I took it back to the dealer and showed it to them, not only did it not void the warranty, they were so happy they wanted to show the car in the showroom for the weekend and gave me a free MP3 player upgrade for my car. Nothing that you do to your interior can void the warranty of your car except to the modified part (interiors don't have a real warranty anyway because of the wear and tear factor). If you rip the fabric of your seats, just because it's a new car dosen't mean your getting a new seat.

I'm not saying it will definately void your warranty. All I know is that some dealerships are picky. They try and pull fast ones. I had a friend who put a sound system in his car, and the dealership tried to tell him that he voided his warrenty on the lease because he 'tapped into the existing audio wiring'.

I'm just saying becareful that's all. You never know what can happen. I mean just check with a dealership, it can't hurt.

04Titanium said:
close to the one I am making to fit a 12" sub.
How in the world are yo ufitting a 12" in there, I had t oseriously cut the panel just to get the 10" to fit and it only has about .95 cf of room to breathe. I would like to see some pics when you are working on it if you dont mind.

Crzyone01 said:
How in the world are yo ufitting a 12" in there, I had t oseriously cut the panel just to get the 10" to fit and it only has about .95 cf of room to breathe. I would like to see some pics when you are working on it if you dont mind.

oh..you're afraid of cutting :) I am not...Yeah I will have lots of detail construction pics as I do with all my systems. I will be building the panel "out" some to fit the 12" in there. I will be remaking the panel that sits about the spare tire so it can house my amps and caps. It will be on a hinge system so the spare is always accessable. Will be relocating the jack there as well.

fun stuff

Back