Mazda2 Antenna won't unscrew

obsessionz

:
Mazda 2
Hi guys, I wanted to know if anyone else has had trouble getting the standard mazda 2 antenna off?

I can't seem to unscrew the stock antenna. Is there an easy way to get it off.

Thanks.

Are you re-installing it after you removed it or you are installing a new one?

If you are not re-installing the one you are removing, well use a vice grip and go nuts on it. If you are just removing to re-install well be care full, using loose nut spray would help but don't let that touch the paint....

I will have to remove mine when I get my roof rack/ carrier. I want to install a extension cable and add a new base out back on the rack. This way it will be out of the way of the carrier.

I will have to remove mine when I get my roof rack/ carrier. I want to install a extension cable and add a new base out back on the rack. This way it will be out of the way of the carrier.

You can just run the stock one under the crossbars and it should not interfere. Or get something shorter. I've done both, never had an issue (other than paint fade on my aluminum stubby).

Pull back plastic base nut cover. Use 6mm combination wrench/pliers to remove and tighten new antenna. Slide base cover over nut.

Attachments

• 20210619_152329.jpg
    20210619_152329.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 236
Back