Mazda to support Android Auto

I really wish they'd get on board with Apple's CarPlay as well. Their systems already work decently with Apple devices.

Also, I know that CarPlay doesn't completely replace the existing system - it just does its thing if you've got an Apple device connected and otherwise there is an underlying system in place.

"Plug in your phone, and CarPlay starts automatically, changing the display to the CarPlay interface (Techhive)"

I don't know if Android Auto is the same, but if so Mazda should be able to integrate both into their current systems, including our 2014s! :)

I suppose it'll depend on whether it's a software upgrade or if there's hardware requirements along with it.

At this point our USB ports are not the ideal connection for Android phones, because they only slow-charge. If a phone is actively processing, you could actually end up using more power than a USB port provides. I've had that happen once or twice.

How about this?
Only works with HTC phone for now.
No limits. Use the screen exactly like your phone except you see three pages.
http://www.luxgen-motor.com/technology-Advanced.html

Electronics on vehicles sold in US is so outdated.....
That is a $30K USD vehicle in Taiwan. You can have all the fancy stuff 3 years ago. Including night visions, 360 eagle view, LDW, etc....
Check out what the "Think+" can do. This was available 3 years ago.

On the other hand, it would be easier for them to have one version of infotainment rather than two. Unless they change the hardware, I do think we will be getting the software upgrades. Remember that most buyers are brand loyal and they do want repeat customers. If buyers know that even after one year a company will be leaving them in the dust on something that can be easily upgraded at virtually no cost, they might lose those future customers.
The Mazda Infotainment system is not perfect but is a great step forward in connecting to my Samsung S3. Things will alway get better but this is a quantum leap from my older car. I would like to see the system able to control the phone itself but I don't think that will happen in a big way for security reasons. I could be wrong.

On the other hand, it would be easier for them to have one version of infotainment rather than two. Unless they change the hardware, I do think we will be getting the software upgrades. Remember that most buyers are brand loyal and they do want repeat customers. If buyers know that even after one year a company will be leaving them in the dust on something that can be easily upgraded at virtually no cost, they might lose those future customers.
The Mazda Infotainment system is not perfect but is a great step forward in connecting to my Samsung S3. Things will alway get better but this is a quantum leap from my older car. I would like to see the system able to control the phone itself but I don't think that will happen in a big way for security reasons. I could be wrong.

I can't get my s3 to stay connected via Bluetooth for Pandora but the phone works great

Back