Mazda radar cruise control with stop and go

30 kph = 18 mph.....you don't need cruise at that speed. The lowest speed on any us road is 25. I've never seen lower then that.

30 kph = 18 mph.....you don't need cruise at that speed. The lowest speed on any us road is 25. I've never seen lower then that.

Hmmm, maybe I confused my cars. Now I’ll have to look again when I drive the wife’s. We run them both in KPH.

That’s another thing. The US CC bottoms out at 20MPH/32KPH. There are places where 30kph is the speed limit

We have a few 30KPH speed limits. Most city speed limits are 40KPH. Residential roads are 50KPH and main roads through residential are 60KPH

We have a few 30KPH speed limits. Most city speed limits are 40KPH. Residential roads are 50KPH and main roads through residential are 60KPH

Some construction zones in built up areas and on military bases in the morning...on the way to work...

CX5 MRCC Freak Problem?

I've had my 2017 CX5 GT for about six months, and made my first road trip last week. Over a period of two days I made a 2000+ miles trip on mostly 3-lane Interstate highway. Most of the time my MRCC functioned as advertised, but on 5 occasions it shut down on my and applied the brakes at over 70 MPH. The first time it happened I was driving in the far left-hand lane (on a 3-lane Interstatewith no one in the same lane ahead of me) and came up to a semi truck/trailer in the middle lane; as I got even with the rear bumper of the trailer the MRCC system did a hard brake and the RPMs dropped to idle. I immediately hit the gas and picked up speed for a few seconds and then hit the resume button and the MRCC started back up. It happened to me three more times over the course of the next few days. The last time it happened to me I was in the far left lane (with no traffic in front of me, nor any in the middle lane ahead of me), when I came up a semi truck/trailer in the far right lane it shut down on me when I got even with the bumper of the trailer. I took it to my dealership and they checked it out and said that the MRCC was functioning properly. I'm sure it did when they drove it, and I acknowledge that most of the time on this trip it did function properly, but those four incidences had scared the crap out of me; you certainly don't drive along expecting it to happen. Has anyone else experienced this?

I've had my 2017 CX5 GT for about six months, and made my first road trip last week. Over a period of two days I made a 2000+ miles trip on mostly 3-lane Interstate highway. Most of the time my MRCC functioned as advertised, but on 5 occasions it shut down on my and applied the brakes at over 70 MPH. The first time it happened I was driving in the far left-hand lane (on a 3-lane Interstatewith no one in the same lane ahead of me) and came up to a semi truck/trailer in the middle lane; as I got even with the rear bumper of the trailer the MRCC system did a hard brake and the RPMs dropped to idle. I immediately hit the gas and picked up speed for a few seconds and then hit the resume button and the MRCC started back up. It happened to me three more times over the course of the next few days. The last time it happened to me I was in the far left lane (with no traffic in front of me, nor any in the middle lane ahead of me), when I came up a semi truck/trailer in the far right lane it shut down on me when I got even with the bumper of the trailer. I took it to my dealership and they checked it out and said that the MRCC was functioning properly. I'm sure it did when they drove it, and I acknowledge that most of the time on this trip it did function properly, but those four incidences had scared the crap out of me; you certainly don't drive along expecting it to happen. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for the heads up. I have had my vehicle about a month, but have used the MRCC around town and on a couple of two hour drives on the interstate. It has performed as expected thus far even when passing semi trucks.

My guess is the sheer size of the trailer "affected" your radar

Sounds like it may be focused a bit to the right of your path and possibly picked up the large size mirrors on the truck cab. I think the steering angle sensor guides the direction of the radar detection field so you might ask about that. Do your directional headlights turn with the same amount of steering input to the left and right?

Someone mentioned above that when coming to a stop due to slow/stopped traffic ahead when auto hold kicks in after 3 seconds, that when the car in front moves again an alert is sounded. My CX-5 doesn't alert when the car in front of me moves. For instance, when the car comes to a stop at a red light, I might turn my attention to digging through my center console or fishing around in the back seat. When the light turns green, the car in front goes ahead, but I don't get any alert sound from the car that it is time to go again. (though at times I do get an alert from the driver behind me in form of a horn and unfriendly gesture ;) )

Is that alert something that needs to be enabled?

The alert I would really like is one that beeps or alerts me that the car is slowing down due to a slow car in front of me. When I am on long cross country drives and have the cruise set to 70 or so and the car slows down to 55, it can take me a while to realize that I have become stuck behind a slow-poke. It would be nice to receive an alter if my speed drops to 5 mph below my set speed. It could flash the speed in the HUD or something.

Last edited:
I might turn my attention to digging through my center console or fishing around in the back seat.

Pay attention to the road maybe? These systems are NOT an alternative to actually paying attention to what's happening when you're operating a motor vehicle.

...and there's no alert for mine so I don't know what others are talking about.

Pay attention to the road maybe? These systems are NOT an alternative to actually paying attention to what's happening when you're operating a motor vehicle.

...and there's no alert for mine so I don't know what others are talking about.
Right? LOL. Making me glad I don't have this feature. [emoji16]

So I contacted Mazda Australia and asked them about MRCC.

Their response - if there is no gap (in other words when there is no car in front) when you engage MRCC it will not stop if approaching a stationary car.

You’re at the mercy of emergency braking after that point..

So don’t believe the marketing hype .. it’s not automation. And not worth it if you’re choosing to pay more for this feature

It's a standard option on the GT. So no one paid extra for it, technically, unless they upgraded to GT for it. Also I don't think anyone confused it with full on auotumation.

Back