Mazda Maintenance advice for extremely hot dusty environments?

Hello, we are a group of mazda 3,6,cx 3,5,30 owners live in extreme hot , dusty environment with an average temperature 109 °F and the owner's manual doesn't have any hot countries and we have a few questions after I have read a lot of discussions.

1 - We compared ATFs and found that mz-fz is fully synthatic made by idemitsu indonesia , toyota ws is meniral oil have group 3,4,5 , louqi moly 1800 are semilar to mazda fz but half priced and semi synthetic , dexron vi and KIXX ATF DX-VI are a bit thicker , quarter of the price and fully synthetic can we mix mz-fz with dexron vi , and when to drain and fil ? all data sheets are here Google Translate.

2 - Are catch cans necessary if we use 0w20, 5w30 api sp , sn + , low sulfer , because on our experience with 43500miles , 25 miles car there is minimal carbon build up on cylinder valve maybe of the heat?

3 - Regarding bulit in mazda oil/air seperator under pcv when to clean them and how , what did mazda change after this article because my car is 2.0 2015 Mazda CX-9.

4 - When to change transmision cooler because there is a website recommend to change it every 4-5 years Google Translate 4- when to change break fluid in in dry environment because I haven't found an accurate tester.

5 - Will cleaning maf, oxygen synsor with maf cleaner damage it , what is the recommended interval?

6 - Fl22 and motorcraft vc10a2 are semilar , and motorcrafet said " Motorcraft® Yellow Antifreeze/Coolant can be used to top-off or entirely replace (drain and refill) antifreeze/coolant in vehicles factory-filled with Motorcraft® Specialty Green Engine Coolant. https://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubricants.com/quickref/FCSD Motorcraft Yellow Antifreeze-Coolant Backward Compatability.pdf , but in the newer SDS the yellow has <3% 2-eha https://www.msds.ford.com/documents/201944 D_GBEN.pdf
is it better than fl22?,, can we dilute it with 35/65 distilled watter to increase heat exchange (in 0.951 quart Measuring Cup , 0.62 quarts premix , 0.33 quarts distilled water.

7 - What do think of this schedule:
each 5.6k miles or 6 months
: engine oil and filter , clean engine air filter by hitting it only , clean engine air box with air gun while closing maf inlet , injector cleaner , clean radiator from the back to front with air gun ,
each 11.2k miles : cabin filter , tyer rotation
each 18.6k miles : replace engine air filter
each 37.3 or 43.5 : drain and fill transmission fluid with filter , fuel filter PE11-13-ZE0 and PE01-13-ZE1(fuel here is grade EURO 5 , SULFER-FREE
each 62k miles : coolant flush , both engine belt and tensioner , pour catalytic converter cleaner in oxygen sensor inlet , spark plugs , clean maf , manual cleaning with brush valve, intake , intake manifold with there specific cleaner ,, throttle body , break fluid synthetic dot3 because it has longer life than dot4
each 124 miles water pump and thermostat and radiator cap

Thanks and we really appreciate your help.

Hello, we are a group of mazda 3,6,cx 3,5,30 owners live in extreme hot , dusty environment with an average temperature 109 °F and the owner's manual doesn't have any hot countries and we have a few questions after I have read a lot of discussions.

1 - We compared ATFs and found that mz-fz is fully synthatic made by idemitsu indonesia , toyota ws is meniral oil have group 3,4,5 , louqi moly 1800 are semilar to mazda fz but half priced and semi synthetic , dexron vi and KIXX ATF DX-VI are a bit thicker , quarter of the price and fully synthetic can we mix mz-fz with dexron vi , and when to drain and fil ? all data sheets are here Google Translate.

2 - Are catch cans necessary if we use 0w20, 5w30 api sp , sn + , low sulfer , because on our experience with 43500miles , 25 miles car there is minimal carbon build up on cylinder valve maybe of the heat?

3 - Regarding bulit in mazda oil/air seperator under pcv when to clean them and how , what did mazda change after this article because my car is 2.0 2015 Mazda CX-9.

4 - When to change transmision cooler because there is a website recommend to change it every 4-5 years Google Translate 4- when to change break fluid in in dry environment because I haven't found an accurate tester.

5 - Will cleaning maf, oxygen synsor with maf cleaner damage it , what is the recommended interval?

6 - Fl22 and motorcraft vc10a2 are semilar , and motorcrafet said " Motorcraft® Yellow Antifreeze/Coolant can be used to top-off or entirely replace (drain and refill) antifreeze/coolant in vehicles factory-filled with Motorcraft® Specialty Green Engine Coolant. https://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubricants.com/quickref/FCSD Motorcraft Yellow Antifreeze-Coolant Backward Compatability.pdf , but in the newer SDS the yellow has <3% 2-eha https://www.msds.ford.com/documents/201944 D_GBEN.pdf
is it better than fl22?,, can we dilute it with 35/65 distilled watter to increase heat exchange (in 0.951 quart Measuring Cup , 0.62 quarts premix , 0.33 quarts distilled water.

7 - What do think of this schedule:
each 5.6k miles or 6 months
: engine oil and filter , clean engine air filter by hitting it only , clean engine air box with air gun while closing maf inlet , injector cleaner , clean radiator from the back to front with air gun ,
each 11.2k miles : cabin filter , tyer rotation
each 18.6k miles : replace engine air filter
each 37.3 or 43.5 : drain and fill transmission fluid with filter , fuel filter PE11-13-ZE0 and PE01-13-ZE1(fuel here is grade EURO 5 , SULFER-FREE
each 62k miles : coolant flush , both engine belt and tensioner , pour catalytic converter cleaner in oxygen sensor inlet , spark plugs , clean maf , manual cleaning with brush valve, intake , intake manifold with there specific cleaner ,, throttle body , break fluid synthetic dot3 because it has longer life than dot4
each 124 miles water pump and thermostat and radiator cap

Thanks and we really appreciate your help.

1 - I would use OEM Mazda fluid only. Interval should be stated in your Owner's Manual.

2 - Catch cans are not necessary IMO. Will they help? Maybe. But if you have checked, and there is minimal carbon build-up, I wouldn't bother.

3 - To my knowledge there is no specified service interval for the PCV or the transmission cooler. Inspect for signs of failure and replace whenever necessary.

4 - Brake fluid change can be done every 2-3 years, but if you have a reliable tester I would just check the fluid annually and change it if it falls out of spec.

5 - Again, no service interval for MAF sensor, so I would service/clean with MAF sensor cleaner at your own leisure or whenever you start to experience problems.

6 - I would just stick with any FL-22 coolant if available, I would not experiment with different mixes, personally.

7 - I would follow the maintenance schedule for EU (assuming you are in the EU). There is nothing wrong with slightly shorter maintenance intervals to accommodate your environment. Personally I would skip injector cleaner if you have "top tier" gasoline available, and I would just use whatever brake fluid the car uses from the factory.

For your service interval and fluid questions, I would try to contact Mazda Corporate directly to see if they can advise. Good luck!

Isn't the chemical composition of DOT 3 different than DOT 4?

I thought they were not compatible.

I'm fairly certain Dot 5 (silicone fluid) is not compatible.

Back