Mazda is buying me ANOTHER clutch ...

haaswyk

:
02 P5
well on tuesday my 2002 P5 gets to go back to the dealer and have a second new clutch installed beacuse of that wonderfull first gear shudder ..... about 3 months ago i had the clutch replaced for this same problem ....

anyone else think i should be worried?

IIRC it's the flywheel that causes the problem. It also needs to be replaced. I had my car in for the shudder and they couldn't make it happen-though later when I picked the car up the SM mentioned that the flywheel was on national backorder....

what rpm does it shudder and is it like a low grumble or like right after u let off the gas at 5600 rpm without shifting? sometimes if i dont give my car enough gas, it shudders. let me know. thx.

Cellerator said:
what rpm does it shudder and is it like a low grumble or like right after u let off the gas at 5600 rpm without shifting? sometimes if i dont give my car enough gas, it shudders. let me know. thx.

usualy under 3-4 k rpm when im taking off normaly in the morning in first gear it feels allmost like a tiny stumble or a slip in the clutch .... its allmost like ABS ...if that makes sence ..that sorta quick pulse after a few first gear starts its fine ... and dosent realy have a problem untill i let it sit for a bit again ....

eh ....I hate mazda.......my local dealer said there was nothing they could do for me, apparently there is no TSB for clutch chatter :rolleyes:

Skurge said:
eh ....I hate mazda.......my local dealer said there was nothing they could do for me, apparently there is no TSB for clutch chatter :rolleyes:

call mazda of america and ask for the TSB to be sent to you .. they can fax it

haaswyk said:
usualy under 3-4 k rpm when im taking off normaly in the morning in first gear it feels allmost like a tiny stumble or a slip in the clutch .... its allmost like ABS ...if that makes sence ..that sorta quick pulse after a few first gear starts its fine ... and dosent realy have a problem untill i let it sit for a bit again ....
...i owned an 01' ES2.0 and had this problem after 15,000 miles. i thought i fried the clutch or something. i drove through one long cold winter and the first 5 minutes if driving the car in the morning was terrible. was fine after that though. just had to take it easy when starting off. could not give gas and engage the clutch at the same time. had to engage the clutch off idle and give gas when it was fully engaged (or you would get that terrible feel/sound like the engine/tranny were going to jump off the car).

.....oh, i can remenber those days. wish i had known about the TSB back in the day. did not have the problem with my 03' PR5 and now have the fidanza flywheel, which is okay (has a little noise when idling due to heat expansion and some slop around the pilot bearing when fully warmed when cooling fans are on)?????? only noticable when idling around 700 RPM and when cooling fams are running.

whatever.........

Latest posts

Back